1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung GS2 or LG O2x

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by bluekarlo, Jun 5, 2011.

1. bluekarlo

bluekarlo Member
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    I'm new to Android and I'm thinking of buying one, I've already read some reviews and still I can't decide which phone to get. Both have excellent specs. I want some opinions from android users so I can decide which phone to buy.

As for usage I might use it for internet, video viewing (not necessarily HD), use as music phone but not always and of course SMS and phone calls.

:D

Advertisement

2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Specwise The GS2 wins...otherwise i'd suggest some hands on time with each before you pull the trigger

3. bluekarlo

bluekarlo Member
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Anyway, I still have time before GS2 is "officially" launched here in the Philippines.
    But even though the OS is different from my PC's OS can it still be connected thru USB?

4. arnab_das

arnab_das Newbie
    None

Jul 11, 2010
    nearly all samsung phones have serious battery life issues. i havent used LG ones, so if the battery life is better than sammy's, i think it makes more sense to go for LG. you can replicate the interface of touchwiz/anything else with launcher pro+add ons.

5. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Nothing wrong with battery life on Samsung phones, all mine have lasted over a day with normal usage. Currently on 1d 17h with some moderate usage even with the stupid gingerbread battery bug with around 40% left.

You can kill any high end phone in less than 6 hours if your a heavy user.

6. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    I can attest to that! With my old Palm Pre, with heavy usage, it was dead in 4-6 hours. Smartphones are little-laptops basically. I'm actually surprised we get the battery life out of them that we already do. Heh...

If battery life is a concern, try getting the Extended battery. It does help. My friend has the extended battery for his Smartphone and he never has battery issues.