• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung GT-I5500 wont move past the glowing samsung logo

mba_cookie

Sep 30, 2011
morecambe
hi guys. i recently just bought a samsung GT-i5500 about a month and 6 days ago and two days ago it went dead while i was installing an app called atorrent. so as usual when my phone goes dead i plug it back into charge, so i did and switched it back on and ever since then it will load the first screen which is the samsung screen, then load the second screen which says GT-I5500, then says three with the three sound, then finally moves on to the final screen which is the glowing samsung logo and it just stays on that all the time with the logo flashing. iv tryed hard resetting it and it just resets the phone and does the same, and since i cant get onto anything else i cant factory reset it :/ does anyone know how i can solve this? it would be really appreciated (Y) thanks guys

if that doesnt work ull have to go to samfirmware site and download new firmware and a odin flash player and flash new firmware onto ur fone if u go to the samfirmware site there is a flash guide aswel with a step by step guide how to do it its simple hope this helped.

thanks buddy. i eventually figured that out XD i do however have another problem with the same phone. this is what it does.

*power button pressed to switch on, samsung logo comes on then the phone reboots about 0.7 seconds later.

*plugged in charging (without it switched in) screen flashes a black sceen constently

*plugged in charging (with switched on) exactily the same as the first one

* can not boot into recovery but however can boot into download mode

iv tryed using odin to re-flash it but when it reboots it just does the same

as for one click unbrick it wont install on my laptop even with admin privs D:

and as for me im completely stumped and cant figure out if its a soft brick, hard brick or a permanent brick :L any help would be fantastic mate :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones