• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung GT-I7500

DanDan330

Lurker
May 17, 2011
Help!! I upgrade my cell phone to android 1.6 and now i can't receive my signal of Bell mobility.
My cell phone is Samsung galaxy GT-I7500.
i create and APN whit the configuration of Bell Mobility and no signal!!!!
I also unblock my cell whit FastGMS.
anybody can Help me please!!!

P.S. I'm French so don't look fault

Merci pour ton aide tous va bien maintenant!
je n'ai pas pus aller chercher Galaxo et Gaosp le site de drakaz ne fonctionne pas moi non plus.
je vais essayer demain Merci encore!!!

English version:
[Hide]Thanks, everything is working fine! I could install GAOSP or Galaxo but the drakaz site seems to be down. I'll try tomorrow.[/Hide]

Upvote 0
Well, I don't know nothing on French so I think it's useful. Now I know what the heck they were talking about (OK I understand a little French merci=thanks and some easy words). :p

Now, I'm on the job (or to answer some questions). ;)
First: your device needs to be rooted - go to recovery and choose option to root this device (damn this pictures are old - from recovery version 4.6.3)
Next: in order to install the latest GAOSP you need new recovery - latest version is 6.5.2. get it from here or download app called GalaxyUpdater (its free) from the market and let it install the latest Recovery 6.5.2

Now about custom ROM's
GALAXO is based on Sam*censored Android 1.6 aka Donut, better to say JC6 firmware
GAOSP is heavily moded ROM from CM6/7 (depends on the version of GAOSP) which is based on Android 2.2 aka Froyo/Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread

Which to use??? :thinking:
GALAXO - has everything working (doesn't support Bluetooth file transfer) and camera has little options
GAOSP 2 Beta 3 is based on CM6 which is based on Android 2.2 aka Froyo - has almost everything - Bluetooth headset doesn't work but file transfer does work, camera has more options
GAOSP 3 Beta 1 or latest nightly's are based on CM7 which is based on Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread - camera doesn't work (yet), but all other stuff do work

- GALAXO is fastest ROM from these, but GAOSP 3 Beta 1 is just as fast. Also the work on GALAXO is discontinued and the work is more focused on GAOSP 3 Beta 1. Yep, you guessed it right GAOSP 2 isn't supported anymore, all efforts are focused to get Gingerbread working on our units. Yep, there is a dialer lag but...
Also, don't forget many developers don't developed any apps for Android 1.x, better to say they now support Android 2.x. So GAOSP 3 is the ROM of the future for us, if we want to have the latest apps available for our use. :p

In the end if you don't use (need it) Bluetooth headset then GAOSP 3 is your choice (still no camera for it, but in the future release). Also to install it, just get GalaxyUpdater (paid version) and installation is really simple. :)

Thread related (for the first post :p ):
I'm sure you installed wrong firmware on your unit and that did wonders for it. Better to say, you had wrong radio frequencies installed. Europe has other working radio frequencies then Canada.

EDIT: @DaSchmarotzer: you can translate this to French, if you want of course :cool:
EDIT2: @DaSchmarotzer; don't apologize, I was at fault for the answer :p

Upvote 0
I think it's an amazing move by you! Really happy to see that!! By the way, can i start asking in telugu? ;)

Cheers,
Sri Harsha.

We'd rather have everything in English (hence the traductions I posted), but the staff once discussed the issue and, if you really can't express it in English, we'd rather have a couple posts in foreign languages than no posts at all. ;) We can always use Google Translate or things like that to (try) to understand what the person is posting.

Plus, since the Galaxy I7500 forum isn't really all that active anymore, I think we can all get along even if there's a little Hindi or Croatian here and there. ;)

Upvote 0
IMO Google translate sucks. It can give you a confusing and inaccurate translation. In the end its better to also see English translation written by the member with it's native language (if his or hers English is not so good).

But that all is just my opinion. There you have it.

EDIT; and now something on Croatian to satisfy my dear friend DaSchmarotzer. ;)
Cro: Za sada to je sve od mene. :p
Eng: For now that's all from me. :p

P.S: and who sad that this part of the forum isn't so active. I think I can named a few members who are still active here. :p

Upvote 0
P.S: and who sad that this part of the forum isn't so active. I think I can named a few members who are still active here. :p

It's not as active as it once was, that's for sure. ;)

I agree with the whole language point though, Google translate is just there in case nobody else can understand the language. I didn't even know what telugu was, I had to Google it. ;) (I knew from the context that it would be an indian language though).

Upvote 0
It's not as active as it once was, that's for sure. ;)

I agree with the whole language point though, Google translate is just there in case nobody else can understand the language. I didn't even know what telugu was, I had to Google it. ;) (I knew from the context that it would be an indian language though).

'cause all the activity is focused on Drakaz forum (site). :p
But either way, it's nice to see that some members post here. :cool:

EDIT: and many member have bought another unit (left or abandon (depending on the point of view) the Galaxy)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones