1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung how I hate the

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Klopi, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Klopi

Klopi Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Your battery is defective heats up and runs low.

Your apps that I have to look at and can't remove unless I jail break and it's always breaking and needing to be replaced so I can't do anything about it. Ps why can't I put all your useless apps in a folder.

Book marking a page is such a hassle. Doing anything with your phone is a hassle. Why do I need to swipe my finger across the screen to pick up a call. Sometimes I have to repeat this 2 or 3xs. Quit asking me if I want to close. Yes I want to close.

Skype. Can't use it. Thanks a lot.

Your speaker. The other party can't hear me I can't hear them. Your product sucks. Replaced now broken again.

I was dazzled by your big screen and pretty colors. Your like a coked up stripper. Looks great on the outside but as soon as you get her home you wish she would leave.

Advertisement

allen369 likes this.
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    If you tell us which Samsung you have an issue with, we may be able to assist.

3. Klopi

Klopi Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Samsung galaxy s2

4. danaj

danaj Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Tucson, Az
    wow that is supposed to be the best android on the market right now wtf?!

5. arnold22

arnold22 Member
    None

Feb 1, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Your basing the phone from this one review. SG SII is like every previous Samsung phone when it come to the OS so not sure what this person is talking about. They must have never owned a Samsung phone or an Android for that matter.

6. nikkisaurusrex

None

Jul 14, 2010
    Best Buy Computer Sales Rep
    Halifax
    you can remove apps without jailbreaking. learn how. also if you don't want the battery to heat up, use your task manager, don't be so demanding on it. bookmarks are as easy as clicking the star in the browser.
    its an amazing phone, btw.

7. 2acclaim

2acclaim Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    They may be complaining more about the built in apps, which isn't Samsung as much as it is local carriers.

My US Cellular Mesmerize has 2, built in navigators, google maps/Navigator, 'My Navigator'(house brand). CityID, accuweather and bunch of other bloatware that I have little to no use for.

However if he thinks it's better with any other phone or carrier he's in for a surprise.

I also wish I could remove stuff I don't care about without rooting but at least launcherpro allows you to hide the icons you'll never use.

8. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    User error obviously, the Galaxy S II is awesome. :D

I have none off the problems he/she described, well except the inablily to remove system apps without root but that's an Android issue in general.

9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums! :)

Let me direct you to the Galaxy S2 forums here at AF, Klopi:

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android Forums

Post your device's issues in there, being sure to prefix your new thread with "Support," and perhaps those familiar with the S2 will response with help for you.

Xyro likes this.
  10. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Most touch screen phones (and all that I have seen) requires you to swipe your finger across the screen to answer a call. The reason is that it prevents accidental answering/hanging up of calls. A touch screen phone has an entire face as an input device. It is quite easy to accidentally press a button on the screen when picking up the phone or taking it out of your pocket. The swipe gesture is used to answer calls because it less likely for you to accidentally make a swipe gesture when handling the phone when it rings.

11. asb123

asb123 Member
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    Actually, the Samsung Google Nexus S is a perfect phone. Please do not generalize all Samsung phones.

12. danaj

danaj Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Tucson, Az
    I will take it off your hands...

13. Mada

Mada Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    School
    Alabama
    heh, I have a Samsung as well and I have none of these issues, except those built in apps that you can't remove. But that isn't a big deal..

If you dislike the Samsung Galaxy S II, then like the above said, I'll be more than happy to take it :)

But all in seriousness, is this your first Android or smartphone in general? Most of the issues, especially the swipe to answer is common on ALL touchscreen phones, smart or not.

14. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    I don't know about your hot battery issues or your speaker, (maybe a defective phone?) but much could be fixed with the help of third party apps.

I don't know why you can't figure out how to bookmark a page, but there are many many browsers on the market to replace the stock one.

Dialer: replace it, and you can answer your phone in different ways.
    Launcher: replace it, hide those stock apps and you will never have to see them again.

15. 1dmarie

1dmarie Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    I purchased my admire a couple weeks after it's release date(aug, 30th)have loved it until last Wed.Sept. 14th my phone stopped working in my city (pontiac, MI) can't recieve or make phone calls text internet NOTHING! but if I drive to certain areas it works fine. I've been with metropcs for 5 yrs never had a problem. So Friday they finally decide to swap my phone for a new one worked great till I drove 100 ft from the service center and once again no use of my phone. My metro guy emailed the corp and now they want me to go back to the service center. So tomorrow I'm back to the store where all they say is "it's working fine now" yes it does until we drive down the street. Isanyone else having these issues. My phone says i am connected to the network have a great signal but it does nothing. I'm tired of being phoneless ugh! :(

16. moto139

moto139 Newbie
    None

May 21, 2011
    Jack of all trades, master of none!
    Knoxville,TN
    Sounds like an Iphone user! 2cents

17. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Some of the things he mentioned are normal for ALL smartphones.

1. Battery life - no smartphone will ever be able to rival dumbphone battery life, and that's a fact.

2. In built apps. Its normal for smartphones to have inbuilt unremoveable apps. Phone companies earn from this, its like advertising. As for hiding them, Tw 4.0 on the SGS2 has folders in the app drawer AFAIK, and he can also install apps (launchers) to hide them.

3. Bookmarking - For the life of me I dont know how could he not figure out the huge bookmark button.

4. Swiping to answer a call - here we see evidence of it being his first "touchscreen phone". All touch screen phones use this feature.

5. Skype - what?

6. Speaker - maybe yours was defective or something?

18. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'm thinking it's his first touch screen phone because of his comment regarding swipe to answer.

19. RazzleFnDazzle

RazzleFnDazzle Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2010
    I was an Evo user and just updated to the Epic 4g Touch. I must say it is awesome. I didn't imagine the phone could really be that much better, but I was wrong. It has a bunch of built in apps that are even better than the ones I use to download (File Browser/Astro, Task Manager/Advance Task Killer, etc). Most of the bloatware apps you can't uninstall are actually pretty good for the rest I hide them with my launcher.

20. allen369

allen369 Lurker
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    I have had the Lotus and the Gem, both sucked so bad I downgrade CPU and Got an LG Vertex. I don't know what is up with there glitchy screens but on the Gem the games showed up with white out in Angry Birds sessions, and a couple other game. The the Lotus stopped booting got stuck an first screen that said Samsung could not get in to recovery mode nothing, then when I took it back to the store after the Gem and the the Lotus, the owner of the store was about to give me a transformer and when testing the screen on the number pad you could push the number 2 or 8, the store owner was so mad to see me the sec. Time and was trying to put the blame on me, then he went to test that 3rd phone and the screen f#@ked up right in front of him he could not say anything to me and gave me the LG Vertex. I gladly took the CPU downgrade to not get stuck with another Samsung.

21. geetechfever

geetechfever Member
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Have some experience form Samsung devices. Design is good, and built quality is also not so bad. But the UI is really really OK even though Samsung adopts Android OS. It's a nightmare to walk on Samsung's OS before.

22. Bubsmash

Bubsmash Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    I am thinking it is a android OS issue that you are having and you just need to get in and play with your phone allot more than what you all are or have. I have absaloutley no problems getting rid of things totally all tracks of everything on the files associated with ANY program or feature I do not want on my phone.

Usually when any device locks up on you it usually means a memory issue of some type which could mean a memory leak issue in the program or feature your using. More often than none its just that you are simply trying to do WAY too much at one time with your phone.

Get out there look around for solutions there being worked around by others out there daily.

23. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Supports Galaxy S II anyway so I don't know what hes on about.

Unofficial support was added back in July.

24. RazzleFnDazzle

RazzleFnDazzle Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2010
    For the record the Lotus is LG and the Gem is suppose to be a cheap Samsung phone where you sacrifice phone quality for price. The galaxy SII is their top of the line phone which means they put way more effort into it because they charge more.

25. Dyspoid

Dyspoid Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    You get a phone with a processor powerful enough to run a computer, then complain that it heats up? I know that it seems strange to buy a new phone, and have it heat up on you, but when you think about it, it's completely unavoidable, especially with the fact that the heat has nowhere else to travel... the phone is wafer thin.

I have actually had some issues with my S2 though, I took it back twice, and the third one I have now is perfect. The Galaxy S2 is my baby.

The screen would freeze on one, and the earpiece would have some pretty major crackling on the other.