1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Indugle Wont Boot Up Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by train83x, Dec 3, 2011.

?

Has your Indulge blacked out and just vibrates and wont load?

1. Hows Metros 4g network working?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Do you think Samsun Androids are better then I phones?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. train83x

train83x Lurker
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    I was trying to remove go launcher from my apps then screen went black and started vibrating..I took the battery out restarted it and after metro pcs load screen and the samsung load screen. My indulge dose the same thing will not load so how to i manually recover my phone or factory reset it with out it conecting to the computer? please help

Advertisement

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Did you happen to delete the original home launcher? To me it sound like you may have delete GO without another to replace it.

But either way to do a factory reset

Turn the power off. Or in your case pull the battery out and reinsert it.
    Hold the Volume Down button
    Press and release the Power button
    You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
    Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    Press and release the Power button
    Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
    All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the phone. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

train83x likes this.
  3. train83x

train83x Lurker
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Ok I tried to do the first step holding the volume down and then pressing and releasing the power botton. It still loads samsung mobile then metro hello hello hello then dark screen and vibrating every couple of min still. do you think i have to press something on my key bored on the indulge?

4. train83x

train83x Lurker
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    thank you for your help to i appreciated it.

5. Shatterproof

Shatterproof Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 30, 2011
    Male
    Warehouse Supervisor / MMA Fighter
    Detroit
    Did you root the phone or anything? You can try holding dwn R+Power (R key on the keyboard) to get into recovery.

6. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    in the basix rom the only home launcher is the go launcher so u would have to do a recovery like shatter said ^^

7. train83x

train83x Lurker
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    hey guys thanx, shatt..it worked, and N4sty thanx to man. Thanx for the blessing.

8. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.
    A couple of things though:
    1- your poll is not that much related to the question/problem at hand, so I'm not sure you'd get a good average from it, especially considering the subjective nature of the second question.
    2- and this is a big one. When working with a rooted phone, it's very easy to mess things up if you aren't careful. Rule of thumb is stay clear of deleting core apps/files if you are not sure what you're doing.
    A launcher is an important part of your android's OS since without it, you wouldn't be able to access your apps, so that's why you experienced this. Personally, I have three of them, just in case I forget to have a backup one if I delete another by mistake. (And that's not counting the original twlauncher from samsung that I have frozen in titanium backup)
    Before you delete/remove things next time, just do a quick (google) search or ask on these very forums! We are more than happy to help.

3- BTW, the Basix ROM comes with LauncherPro, not Go Launcher. They are similar, but not the same... they offer mostly similar features, but differ in quite a few ways. ;)

4- Finally, since you're taking about basix, I'm guessing this means you can setup an adb environment somewhat painlessly on your PC (just download and unzip the adb.zip toolkit since you already must have the drivers for your phone).I'm mentionning this because in the future, should you find yourself in this same situation, you can simply install whatever app you're missing from your PC with the command:
    adb install /path/to/filename.apk
    and you should be good to go, without having to reset your phone and having to rebuild your contact list and reinstall your preferred apps.