1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Samsung Indulge Sim card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brayan873, Dec 8, 2011.

1. brayan873

brayan873 Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Indulge for 20 of a friend but it has no sim card on it ? Where and how could i get one so i can connect it ASAP !

Advertisement

2. isujoy

isujoy Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Computer Consultant
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    If it's a metro Indulge you need to go to a corporate store and get one from them. Before doing that check if the phone is rooted, if it is you need to unroot it so you don't loose your warranty.

brayan873 likes this.
  3. brayan873

brayan873 Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    Yes indeed it is a Metro indulge and will do , And a cooperate store would be a Metro Store?

4. isujoy

isujoy Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Computer Consultant
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Yes, but I would recommend you to go to an official Metro Store and not to an authorize dealer (I don't know if they will carry the Sim cards by itself), that was what I meant by a corporate Store.

5. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Theyre actually UICC cards not sim cards. But yes just go to a Metro Corp store and you should be able to get one.

6. Hauttie5000

Hauttie5000 Member
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    dallas
    they (metro store) told me if you take those things out it will brick your phone, so of course i never tried it.

7. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Ive taken mine out Ahaha And someone over in the Esteem forum took theirs out and put it in backwards and it didnt brick either :D

8. WooWho

WooWho Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2012
    Hi, question.... what does "BRICK" and "ROOTED" mean? I have an indulge but it's damaged so I was planning to buy a indulge without a SIMCARD, i have a simcard from my phone to put on that phone without a simcard,would it work or would i have problems? please help me I don't understand what any of this means... :(

9. confed

confed Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Philly
    these phones do not have SIMCARDS. they have UICC cards which is basically the LTE service. Without one, you will not get 4g. what is damaged on your current phone?

Lopez466 and WooWho like this.
  10. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    Also, it is my understanding that the uicc cards are phone specific, and are programmed for your device alone.
    Remember, they do not cover cdma service per se, so you will still have to reprogram your new indulge, even if by some stroke of luck the UICC cards were transferable.

WooWho likes this.
  11. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    UICC stands for universal integrated circuit card its almost like a sim card but dosnt hold any data like contacts or pics or anything like that, and like tiede said it only works for that particular phone.

WooWho likes this.
  12. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    It would appear I was wrong. The new UICC card they brought must have been for another customer in the store. Because I just looked at my UICC card, and it's quite used...
    The only thing is I am still not sure if they are transferable.
    I'm thinking of swapping my with the one in my gf's phone and see what goes, I just don't know what to tell her if it fries both phones yet, so of course I'm sonewhat hesitant...
    I'll do a test and if I can place calls while the uicc card is out of the phone, I'll consider the swap. I just wanna make sure I'll still have a phone if I need to replace the uicc card...

13. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    it might have to be registered to ur esn number like regular metrophone, i doubt it will harm your phone. the worse that i can see happening it saying network error.

14. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    I'm not concerned about it harming the phone, but the other way around!
    I noticed I wasn't clear enough about it in my previous post.

I am just unsure if the phone is not writing stuff to that card in a particular format/encryption that may render it unusable if written incorrectly. That's all.
    Most likely nothing would happen, but there's always that .001% chance of SHTF, right?

15. redhook

redhook Android Expert
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Cameron Park
    They're usually tied to the device they're activated on. Although I know Verizon customers have had success using the UICC out of their phone in the Xoom. It probably depends on the carrier whether or not it is tied to the phone.

16. redhook

redhook Android Expert
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Cameron Park
    The worst that will happen is that the card will not have service in her phone. It will not damage the phone or the card in any way.

17. WooWho

WooWho Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2012
    Thank You to everyone that commented on my question.
    @Confed i droped my phone and it landed face down on wood floors,the LCD turn black but the digitizer was fine it did not crack or anything,so i bought a brand new LCD and tried replacing the old one with the new one,but it only worked for 5minutes and it turn black again.
    in the process i bend the FLEX CABLE a couple times, so i replaced the FLEX CABLE thinking that was the reason the LCD was not working but i don't know what was the problem so i gave up,thats why i was thinking of buying a used phone that didn't have an UICC since i already have one from my broken phone.
    ANYWAYS... THANKS TO EVERYBODY!!!

18. blueknee

blueknee Lurker
    None

May 29, 2012
    I am havin the same problem brayan873 you are having. I purchased a samsung galaxy indulge fom craigslist ( not knowing it did not have a SIM card). I want to a
    corporate store and was told because the metro phone was one of the first 4G phones they put out, I would need the orginal Sim card and she couldn't do anything for m without it. So I don't know if there is some where that we can purchase a new or
    used SIm card. Help both bryan an I. THANKS