1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Infuse 4G - Scammed?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MarkSmith1990, Nov 8, 2011.

1. MarkSmith1990

MarkSmith1990 Lurker
    None

Nov 8, 2011
    I think I got scammed. I had recently bought a Samsung Infuse 4G off of Craigslist and when I turn it on and unlock it all I see is two icons. Settings, and Samsung Remote App. All the other apps work but I have to click the search button and search for apps to open them. Hard reseting it just restores it to this same state. I tried to update the software thru the in-phone settings but I don't have a SIM card so it cannot connect to AT&T even thru Wi-Fi. I've also tried to update the firmware using Kies Mini and it just says unresgisteable device. I have tried to Root it to install custom ROM thinking maybe that would make it work but using Simple One Click it says Root successful but nothing is different and mounting the root as writable doesn't work. The long click doesn't work so I can't move the icons or add widgets and when I click menu on the home page nothing happens. The menu button only works in apps. Is there anyway I can restore this phone?
    The dude at AT&T said all I had to do was buy a plan and put in a SIM card but something tells me he's an idiot cuz everything I'm reading online says that the phone works without a SIM card.

Advertisement

2. MarkSmith1990

MarkSmith1990 Lurker
    None

Nov 8, 2011
    The dude at AT&T said all I had to do was buy a plan and put in a SIM card but something tells me he's an idiot cuz everything I'm reading online says that the phone works without a SIM card.