• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Intercept/Moment 2 caught in the wild!

It's the same old Moment with a slightly changed and darker case. Also, if I were to have to choose between having a flash or a redesigned keyboard? I'd take the flash! The Moments keyboard layout may take a little getting used to, but it's not a Droid. This is the equivilent of a GM car in the 80's when they'd give the same car from last year a new grill and seat covers and say "brand new for 86". Sad! I know they're trying to hit a lower market segment, but re skinning your old design and selling it as new model is lame and doesn't improve my opinion of Samsung one bit.

Upvote 0
I want to replace my Moment. I've had 4 of them, and every single one, without fail, no matter what rom I flash to it, run at 95% android system usage. My batteries never last longer than 6 hours with little to no use. I've tried removing and replacing apps. I have no idea what it is, at all.

hopefully, this one doesn't have that problem.

Upvote 0
What the hell is the difference besides the extra damn capcatative button, as stated above sad!

Well, there is the reported higher resolution screen. If there isn't more RAM, ROM, GHz, etc., then I wouldn't understand moving from the Moment to this, but for someone coming new to Sprint or upgrading from a "dumb" phone who doesn't want to pay the higher phone price plus the 4G monthly premium, it isn't terrible.

Upvote 0
I had a Moment for 7 months and I love it. I got my son the HERO (because it was stylish and cheaper) and he wanted my Moment, so now I have a HERO. NOW it's my daughter's turn and she wants my HERO (it's compact and stylish), so I get to choose my next phone.

Does anyone know the size and weight of the Intercept? I heard it has a lighter weight and smaller frame. I also hear it has a longer talk time, anyone know about the talk time and battery life? What about call quality? The Moment had life like call quality, does anyone know about the Intercept?

Upvote 0
Well, there is the reported higher resolution screen. If there isn't more RAM, ROM, GHz, etc., then I wouldn't understand moving from the Moment to this, but for someone coming new to Sprint or upgrading from a "dumb" phone who doesn't want to pay the higher phone price plus the 4G monthly premium, it isn't terrible.

It has the same screen, specs and internal hardware as the Moment. This is nothing more than re badging the Moment as a "value" phone. It will be interesting to see if they bother to fix the gps or radio issues that plague the Moment. My guess is that to economize, they will use the same exact internal hardware as the Moment and fix nothing. The phone may turn out to be a decent step up from feature phone device, but it also shows a distinct lack of effort and imagination on Samsungs part.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones