• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Internet Bookmarks

doubleohdan

Lurker
Feb 18, 2020
Greetings, So I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and im woundering if there is a way or program to backup or export my bookmarks from Samsung Internet so I may import them to my Pc/Laptop, where is the bookmarks stored on the phones system files directory location?? any help with this would be great as I just got a new pc laptop and have no bookmarks now due to my old one getting wrecked and I was not able to backup or restore. Ive got over 188 bookmarks and I would like this to be a easy a possible rather then typing out each bookmark from phone on laptop then saving... thanks

Can you confirm you're talking about this app:
https://androidforums.com/apps/internet.524/

Solution #1: Chrome Extension
The easiest way to get your Internet Bookmarks from the Samsung Internet app from your phone onto your Desktop or Laptop computer would be to download the Samsung Internet extension for Chrome. This will allow you to view and sync these bookmarks directly.

While you're at it download our Discussion for Google Play extension to easily allow you to discuss apps/games from the Play Store more easily.

Solution #2: Share (Export & Import)
There's a good chance you want to export these bookmarks for direct use elsewhere- you can do that, too. It's just a couple more steps.
  • Open Samsung Internet browser for Android
  • Tap the "Star" icon on the bottom middle
  • Tap the "Share" triangle
  • Select All Items you want to share/save as bookmarks
  • Tap the "Share" triangle at the bottom
  • Save the list to an app of your choice
Give this a shot and let us know what works!

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Can you confirm you're talking about this app:
https://androidforums.com/apps/internet.524/

Solution #1: Chrome Extension
The easiest way to get your Internet Bookmarks from the Samsung Internet app from your phone onto your Desktop or Laptop computer would be to download the Samsung Internet extension for Chrome. This will allow you to view and sync these bookmarks directly.

While you're at it download our Discussion for Google Play extension to easily allow you to discuss apps/games from the Play Store more easily.

Solution #2: Share (Export & Import)
There's a good chance you want to export these bookmarks for direct use elsewhere- you can do that, too. It's just a couple more steps.
  • Open Samsung Internet browser for Android
  • Tap the "Star" icon on the bottom middle
  • Tap the "Share" triangle
  • Select All Items you want to share/save as bookmarks
  • Tap the "Share" triangle at the bottom
  • Save the list to an app of your choice
Give this a shot and let us know what works!
#1 Absolutely does not work. It certainly allows you to view you Samsung Internet bookmarks on Chrome, and allows you to sync your Chrome bookmarks TO the SI browser, but under no circumstances does it allow you to sync SI bookmarks TO Chrome.

This is a conundrum for many, and there does not seem to be any simple solution for this, save for expoting one bookmark group at a time through the share function. Even if you try "select all", it will still on;y pick up bookmarks that are not in folders.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones