• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung j7 boost mobile

iram

Android Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2012
www.irasattic.com
Purchased J7 recently coming over from lg volt boost mobile

Knowing there will be some changes in operating systems and between manufacturers

Just in case I missed it

Is there a setting to rotate home screen horizontally
Usually prefer it that way when mounted in car holder

not sure if its a launcher thing
tried now launcher but didnt see much difference

also the volt had a data disable button.....would the j7 have a simular function

I do not know of a setting to allow the launcher home screen to rotate. You will likely have to install a different launcher to get that ability. To turn off data look at the settings - data usage menu. The closest you can get from the pull-down menu IAS to turn sync off and on.

Upvote 0
That's funny I'm in the same situation coming from a Volt to the J7.

There's a recovery being worked on for the J700T which is the T-Mobile version, but their phone and our phone share the same specs so hopefully their recovery works for us, and from there it's smooth sailing to a working root.

It's on the XDA forums so if you're not part of that I'll be sure to come and report back on whether they develop a working recovery for the J700P.

Upvote 0
I switched to Google Now launcher.....It actually is very similar to the Touch Wiz on J7
I was basically able to duplicate the way I set up Touch Wiz to look like it in Now Launcher
Settings in Now launcer allow to turn horizontal flip on or off and it does it for main home screen.
Some minor differences in look of widgets and folders.
Have no clue on what a Google card is so I just turned function off.

Upvote 0
Purchased J7 recently coming over from lg volt boost mobile

Knowing there will be some changes in operating systems and between manufacturers

Just in case I missed it

Is there a setting to rotate home screen horizontally
Usually prefer it that way when mounted in car holder

not sure if its a launcher thing
tried now launcher but didnt see much difference

also the volt had a data disable button.....would the j7 have a simular function

Yes just pull down your top screen and there is a button for auto rotate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones