• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung J7 Max: Wifi only works in Safe Mode

Hi

I'm having persistent problems with the Wifi on my 2-year old Samsung Galaxy J7 Max, which drops connection every 10-15 seconds. There was no problem until 2 days back, when it mysteriously started. This makes it almost impossible to use the phone for email or any other network-oriented task.

The wifi works fine in Safe Mode, but reverts to its flaky behaviour once the Safe Mode is turned off.

I'd be grateful for any help.

sb

If it works in safe mode that suggests one of your apps is responsible. If it started 2 days ago then I'd start by looking at any apps installed or updated around that time.

Thanks for the feedback, which I agree with.

Unfortunately, I've not installed any apps in the last 3-4 days. It is possible that some apps have auto upgraded, but I'm not aware of any way to detect which apps have updated themselves (of course, it could be also be due to automatic system updates).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones