• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Kies and Firmware issues of my Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000

furqan1837

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
i have a Tablet and its specifications are:

Model Number: GT-P100
FIRMWARE VERSION: 2.2
BASEBAND VERSION: P1000XXJID
KERNEL VERSION: 2.6.32.9 ROOT@SE-S611 #1
BUILD NUMBER: FROYO.XWJJ3

First of all i am having a issue upgrading my Kies from 1.5 to 2.0.1 because when i press update now it closes it and downloads it completely and in the end a message flashes saying that:

"Do not close any applications. (A reboot will be required)"

when i press OK, nothing happens and it doesnt install new Kies 2.0.1

i restarted my computer and again pressed on Kies icon in the programe files and something runs and says that:

"Unhandled exception has occured, execute anyway"

when i press execute anyways it says do you want to remove Kies and i said yes and then something happens and previous one is removed but newer one never installs

so what should i do to upgarde to Kies 2.0.1, is there any way else or anyother place from where i can download the new version and install it and how?

2ndly according to my specifications i wanna know if my Tab requires any firmware upgarde or the one i have is the Latest for me, if i need a upgrade what should i do to have the new firmware for my tablet?

Please anybody help me with these 2 issues.

Thanks

Furqan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones