• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Kies not opening

joffbeck

Lurker
Dec 9, 2011
When I try to open Samsung Kies the program will not open. Samsung support suggested re-installing Kies but this has happen three or four times and I have re-installed. The program then opens OK for a few days then stops opening again. samsung support say it might be my Avira anti-virus software removing a file from Kies but can't see anything like this problem on any Avira forums. Anyone experinced similar and any fixes?

I am using Kies air on my Droid Charge. It will not work on my computer when I put the url into the browser. It has to do with Java on the computer. I emailed the developer in Korea and told them the problem. If I uninstall Java the thing works great except I can only upload/download one file at a time.

Samsung Korea answered my email and and gave me specific settings for the computer and then asked me to send them a log and some screen shots back to them which I have done. I am waiting on a reply now.

If you are using Windows operating system, you can go into control panel > Programs and features > and uninstall your Java (latest version is 30) and uninstall it and see if that will allow Kies to work on the computer. Then Go to Java.com and download the newest version and install it. If Kies does not work with the new Java you know you have the problem isolated. You can send for help via email to this address.
kies-air.support@samsung.com

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones