• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Kies - Older Version

Culverin

Aug 22, 2010
I've been doing a bit of research, and it seems that Samsung Kies is not meant for (or supported) for North America.

Apparently, the older versions of Kies could work on our Captivates and was available to download through Samsung's Europe site.

However, the newer versions of Samsung Kies can apparently detect that we've got North American Captivates and will not connect.

Anybody have links to the older versions?

thanks!

P.S.
Doesn't proprietary-ness totally defeat the reason we bought androids in the first place? :thinking:

I'm feeling rather newbish now.
Cause the only way I can see to find to export a .vcf is to go into an individual contact -> menu -> "send namecard via", then email.

Is there a way to batch them all?

I'm already syncing my gmail contacts, but I've been punching them in one-by-one.

Contacts -> Menu -> More -> Import/Export -> Export to SD card

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones