1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Link "blocking" Chromecast

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droid-sls, Jan 16, 2014.

1. droid-sls

droid-sls Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    After the Verizon 4.3 update I do not seem to be able to Chromecast from Gallery or Music, the Samsung Link icon is the only one available.

Can still cast to Chromecast for YouTube and Netflix (e.g. can control web content but sending photos or music from my Galaxy S3 does not seem possible).

When I go to Gallery the Samsung Link Icon shows above the photos. Can't figure out how to get the Chromecast icon or to select Chromecast. (This Samsung Link icon looks very much like the Chromecast icon but the three small wavefront symbols go out to the left horizontally, while the Chromecast icon the wavefront symbols come in from the lower left.)

Any ideas on how to manage this?
    Tried updating all the Samsung apps (Hub, Link, Push), no change. Tried Force Stop on Link, no change.

A mystery, at least to me!

Advertisement

2. Minimike

Minimike Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    I have the same problem.

3. lordmage

lordmage Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    sounds like you may have to clear defaults and maybe re-install the cast extension. also did you do a suggested factory reset after installing the update sometimes there maybe issues with keeping your data from an older OS.

freakshow85 likes this.
  4. ebrisse

ebrisse Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2014
    I'm interested into hearing what people will find to fix this. Since doing the update I'm having the exact same problem. Kind of annoyed I did the update.

5. lordmage

None

Nov 4, 2011
    i know it sounds daft but a full factory reset fixed my issues across the board. SCRTN with msl followed by a keis restore. staying stock for now and works just fine then re-activating now i am all good again. cast works and so does screen mirroring which according to rumor you have to be status official for that to work.

6. Rsaxobeat

Rsaxobeat Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2014
    I have an s3and two chromecast devices on two different tvs. Does allshare/samsung lik work with chromecast??

7. lordmage

None

Nov 4, 2011
    no as far as i can tell.

Samsung allshare does the same thing thou. look for screen mirroring in samsung devices and that is allshare.