1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung lock screen lighting up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xI MikeC Ix, Aug 5, 2013.

1. xI MikeC Ix

xI MikeC Ix Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Okay I got the new samsung galaxy s4 like the 3rd day it came out. I am in love with it but for the past few days it has been lighting up like I am getting a notification. But there is nothing there it lights up for about 5 sec and then turns off it does this for probably 4 times in a row and then stops and does it throughout the day. I dont know what it is doing I have googled it tried to fix it. I have restarted the phone took the battery out for more than 15 mins. And nothing I don't know why it is doing it can anyone help me fix this problem

I have also just deleted some apps that may be the problem and I am waiting to see if it does. it But I need ths fixed it is using up my battery bad.

Advertisement

2. jmcdizzle

jmcdizzle Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2013
    This is an air-gesture feature called "Quick Glance" that can be disabled.

Settings > My Device > Motions and gestures > Air Gesture > Quick Glance (Turn Off to disable)

3. xI MikeC Ix

xI MikeC Ix Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Nah bro its not quick glance like it will actually light up like I got a text but nothing is there. I have had the phone since it came out really I know all the tips tricks and mostly everything about the phone lol.

4. androidpod

androidpod Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 3, 2012
    West Coast
    I would suggest a factory reset. One of ours at work displayed the same issue you describe. I finally convinced them to do a reset and that fixed it.

5. jmcdizzle

jmcdizzle Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2013
    Drop it in some water and leave it there overnight. If the screen no longer lights up, problem solved.