1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Samsung modem driver

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tekoneiric, Dec 16, 2009.

1. tekoneiric

tekoneiric New Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Anyone know where I can get a modem driver for the Samsung Moment. I found a way access the DUN functions and make the phone show up as a USB modem on WinXP machine without rooting the phone but now I need the driver. Is the driver part of Samsung's PC Studio?

Here's the USB Info:

SAMSUNG CDMA Technologies
    USB\VID_04E8&PID_6640\5&C6F674&0&2

Advertisement

2. johnbarry3434

johnbarry3434 Active Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Electrical Engineer
    So do you mean as a usb modem or a Bluetooth modem? For a usb modem I use PDAnet and as for Bluetooth I think thats supported by PDAnet as well but only for Android 2.0 users.

3. tekoneiric

tekoneiric New Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Drivers for the DUN/USB modem functions built into the Samsung Moment. I managed to find a way to get to them. When I set it to act as a USB modem rather than PDA Windows XP sees the device and needs Samsung CDMA drivers.

To access the functions install DG QuickCut then go into it. Click on Create a Desktop Shortcut, select Activity then select DUN, do it a second time and select PhoneUtil. After you have the shortcuts you can open PhoneUtil and set it to USB modem, at that point when plugged into a windows PC it'll start looking for the drivers. I can only assume with the proper drivers you can access the built in DUN capability.

BTW DG QuickCut can add Terminal Emulation to Dropcuts but not a desktop shortcut. Unfortunately it doesn't have root permissions.

4. johnbarry3434

johnbarry3434 Active Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Electrical Engineer