• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Moment Facebook Sync Problem

After having tried both, SyncMyPix is much more user-friendly. Facebook Sync requires that names match perfectly. If you have your contacts as Smith, John, and John is on Facebook as John Smith, it won't match them up. SyncMyPix is smart enough to match them. I only had 2 or 3 contacts not match up with SyncMyPix.

Upvote 0
Why don't you just marry the Droid? :)

Seriously, though, I haven't heard anyone say yet why the Facebook sync doesn't work. Maybe just another one of those things that they took out of our version of 2.1. Hang around long enough, though, and I'm sure someone will hack it in. That's the beauty of an open-source platform.

Upvote 0
Yep Im having the same problem as well. i reset my phone and still nothing. Is it Facebook or Andriod? That is the question

Is anyone else having the same problem as me that when you go to add your Facebook account to your phone so your contacts can sync it takes you right back to the Add Account page? Anyone who had this problem found a fix? Thanks!

I have the Moment and just installed 2.1.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having the same problem as me that when you go to add your Facebook account to your phone so your contacts can sync it takes you right back to the Add Account page? Anyone who had this problem found a fix? Thanks!

I have the Moment and just installed 2.1.

I am having the same problem with the Moment...I have tried everything I can thing of except resetting the phone. I have noticed that their are several different "versions" of Facebook, like touch.facebook.com and m.facebook.com etc., wondering if this might have something to do with this issue. I have installed and uninstalled these versions a few times and noticed tonight that touch.facebook.com was the one loaded... I recall uninstalling and reinstalling 'supposedly genuine' facebook app...anyway think I am gonna uninstall FB app for a few days and reinstall when I find the correct FB app...I am determined to find a fix for this issue. Please if anyone knows of a fix for this issue, it would be much appreciated? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones