• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Moment multi-touch?

I also waiting to ditch my Pre, my wife currently has the Hero and she might want to switch to the Moment, so i have to wait for her to either switch or stay with Hero, if she switches then I get her Hero if not then I buy my own, she likes the hard keyboard so have to see what she chooses. I had a Palm 650 long time ago, and i left cause i saw that palm fell a sleep at the wheel, they had the first touch screen phone, and if they would have used there brains and saw the future they would have cornered the market, but they didnt and i see they are fall a sleep with the pre, this is why i feel that android is the better choice right now, maybe webOS will be better in a year or two but now palm rleased pre without lot of customizable items and that is a huge no no to us regular fokes who like to customize there phones. I tip my hat to RIM cause with RIM you can customize anything you want from wallpaper to ringtones per contact and so on. And android is almost as good in that way as RIM but android will get better in the next update, but with Palm it is a hard call when they will be up to par with the BIG 3 RIM, APPLE and ANDROID.

Upvote 0
Apple's punk ass patented they way multi-touch is implemented or the term for it, something like that. They didn't actually patent multi-touch so any device can have it, they just need to set it up in a different way. But if someone adds it in a custom ROM then you will be all set, like on my G1 I have multi touch for web browsing, pictures, and a few other things.

Upvote 0
Apple's punk ass patented they way multi-touch is implemented or the term for it, something like that. They didn't actually patent multi-touch so any device can have it, they just need to set it up in a different way. But if someone adds it in a custom ROM then you will be all set, like on my G1 I have multi touch for web browsing, pictures, and a few other things.
I agree with the custom ROM's. The basic Android OS seems boring to me. There are some nice choices of custom ROMs available that will really improve the Moment.

Upvote 0
Apples isnt the only one that owns patents.

Nokia Sues Apple Over Patent Infringements

Personally, I'd like to see an injunction put against Apple and the sale of iPhones. That wont happen of course, there would be a settlement long before it came to that, but its always an idea.

Upvote 0
Not sure about HTC, but Palm has made a habit of thumbing their noses at Apple... look into the whole iTunes syncing with the Pre debacle.
I always laugh at this. I just love the way Palm undermines Apples repeated attempts to block the ability to sync with iTunes.

Some also speculate that Android didnt use certain multi-touch features because of a "play nice" relationship between Google and Apple. They stopped being playmates the moment Apple blocked GV from the App store.

And old rumors suggest that Apple even asked them not to use multi-touch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones