1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Moment sound will totally disappear at random times.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MustangsHood, Feb 15, 2011.

1. MustangsHood

MustangsHood Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2010
    Ohio, USA
    For the last month, my Samsung Moment sound will totally disappear at random times. About a 1/4 of the time, I won't get any text message notification sound, no ringer sound, but it blinks and vibrates, no sound of any kind, though everything else works fine. I upgraded to Android 2.1 @ 5 months ago. It just started doing this @ a month ago.

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    Possibly a speaker going bad? You could try a hard reset just to be sure it's not hardware.

3. ghoulfiend

ghoulfiend Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    The same thing has happened to me. I have had them reset it at the Sprint store and they can give me no good reason why this happens, they just blame it on me, as usual. Customer is always wrong at Sprint. I don't think it's a speaker because the phone will ring, then it won't sound for a text. later in the day it will sound for the text notification but it won't make any sound when I plug it in to charge it or when i get a call. It's just random wackiness.

4. MustangsHood

MustangsHood Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2010
    Ohio, USA
    Thank you guys for the replies. :D That's exactly what mine is doing, ghoulfiend, and a random woman came into my crappy job complaining to her friend that her Droid phone thru Verizon was doing the same thing so I was thinking then it might be an Android OS issue. Then today my sound went off again so I started up a song and plugged in the headphones. At first nothing happened, the I jiggled the plug the sound was coming from the phone; jiggled it again then sound was coming from the headphones. I pulled the headphone jack out and now sound is coming from the phone correctly again. WTF. I'm starting to think this may be a headphone jack issue.

5. ned23

ned23 Member
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    I was recently having this same problem. Oddly enough it went away when I unmounted the SD card. I suspect I downloaded something to the SD Card that was messing it up.

6. HereForTheMoment

None

Apr 1, 2010
    Same thing happens to my phone. What I've found fixes the situation when it occurs is to make a call and put it on speaker. The sound will automatically come back on and is good to go untill it happens again.

7. ned23

ned23 Member
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    I determined that in my particular case, I think it was occurring when I was playing music, and the music was interrupted by a phone call.

Unmounting the SD card where the music is stored, caused the alert tones to be restored.

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.