• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Moment troubles, HELP PLEASE.

Hello Forum!

Alright, here is my sitch. Not but three days ago I had purchased a Samsung Moment with Sprint. I LOVED the phone. I had trouble finding things I did not like. HOWEVER. after two days I go to turn my phone on and it gets jammed on the flashing Android screen. (deleted language).

I look online and find no way to hard reset, so I return to the store and replace it with an entirely new phone. Later that day, I was curious if the same problem would happen again, and lo and behold. Stuck on the Android start up screen.

Due to my frustrations i figured this would be a horrible investment, especially since i am supposed to own this phone for two years, and gave in returning it for the hero.

HOWEVER, I still want the Moment, I liked the interface more and liked the keyboard. Was wondering if someone could explain to me why this happened TWICE with different phones. And if there was any way to avoid it. I am still in the 30 day grace period to replace it, so i need to make a decision soon.

The only thing i can think of is that I consistently downloaded apps that did not work with the moment and bricked it.

The only ones I had both times was

PandaHome,

along with some sort of task killer/manager.

Advanced Task Manager with the first phone,

and an assortment of task killers with the second phone. (I was exploring them to see which one i liked)

Is there a way around this? I thoroughly loved the moment, and want to switch back, but don't want to be concerned that its going to brick a month from now and i won't be able to return it.

Sorry for diatribe, PLEASE HELP.

Hello Forum!

Alright, here is my sitch. Not but three days ago I had purchased a Samsung Moment with Sprint. I LOVED the phone. I had trouble finding things I did not like. HOWEVER. after two days I go to turn my phone on and it gets jammed on the flashing Android screen. (deleted language).

I look online and find no way to hard reset, so I return to the store and replace it with an entirely new phone. Later that day, I was curious if the same problem would happen again, and lo and behold. Stuck on the Android start up screen.

Due to my frustrations i figured this would be a horrible investment, especially since i am supposed to own this phone for two years, and gave in returning it for the hero.

HOWEVER, I still want the Moment, I liked the interface more and liked the keyboard. Was wondering if someone could explain to me why this happened TWICE with different phones. And if there was any way to avoid it. I am still in the 30 day grace period to replace it, so i need to make a decision soon.

The only thing i can think of is that I consistently downloaded apps that did not work with the moment and bricked it.

PandaHome,

and an assortment of task killers with the second phone. (I was exploring them to see which one i liked)

Is there a way around this? I thoroughly loved the moment, and want to switch back, but don't want to be concerned that its going to brick a month from now and i won't be able to return it.

Were you low on battery? That happens on mine with I am low. (near Dead)

Upvote 0
Hello Forum!

Alright, here is my sitch. Not but three days ago I had purchased a Samsung Moment with Sprint. I LOVED the phone. I had trouble finding things I did not like. HOWEVER. after two days I go to turn my phone on and it gets jammed on the flashing Android screen. ****.

PandaHome,

Do not install latest version of pandahome. I bricked a moment with it. My moment was stuck at android screen too. I m sticking with stock until they fix this. Samsung needs to give us a way to hard reset the phone when not in os.

Upvote 0
It is not just Pandahome that causes the problem, you need to have the right(wrong) theme to cause this to happen. I have two Moment phones with Pandahome installed, my wife added the Flying Dandelion theme, I was using the default theme. Hers was bricked and we returned it to sprint. Got home and installed all the same programs including the themes and it happened again. I re-flashed the phone myself and did not install any of the themes she used and it is fine now and going on five days.

Upvote 0
It is not just Pandahome that causes the problem, you need to have the right(wrong) theme to cause this to happen. I have two Moment phones with Pandahome installed, my wife added the Flying Dandelion theme, I was using the default theme. Hers was bricked and we returned it to sprint. Got home and installed all the same programs including the themes and it happened again. I re-flashed the phone myself and did not install any of the themes she used and it is fine now and going on five days.

How u reflash it yourself?. Also I was using pandahome default theme also when it bricked.

Upvote 0
YOUR PHONES ARE not bricked THEY EXPIRENCED A boot-loop ,,,, usually with the G1 you can to to recovery and just reflash , saving all your data , but samsung has hidden everything ,,, so far all we found was a way to fully wipe , n so loosing all your data . BUT yea the phones are not BRICKED..... PLEASE stop saying that ........ Bricked IS WHEN YOU CAN'T ACCESS RECOVERY OR FASTBOOT ,,, then your screwed ..Also because of all the security samsung put in place if you are not rooted and you download a app that requires root and will also run on start up , it will cause the bootloop when you restart ,because that app will try to change the uid's or permissions and the system won't allow it . SO check that the apps don't require root or it won't run on boot and you will be OK ,.,....,.,.,.,,.

Upvote 0
I have had the moment for about 8 months and recently my phone would be very laggy and if i restarted the phone it would loop the startup screen for hours. This is how i fixed it.

The problem came from a launcher app actually launcher pro beta (ITs the best) I got my phone to stop the loop by leaving it off and charging for about 10 mins (I know it seems that it would work sooner but it wont wait ten minutes with the phone off and charging)

next unplug the charger. give it about 10 secs then power up the phone. after it loads and starts delete the launcher app(also known as market home apps) whichever one you installed abd the problem will be gone. The launcher or home type apps that give us more homes screens etc they r the problem
If we give it a week or 2 they may fix the issue but thats what the problem is
UIDS
Hope this works for you there are no bricks

Reactions: doboy4922
Upvote 0
I have had the moment for about 8 months and recently my phone would be very laggy and if i restarted the phone it would loop the startup screen for hours. This is how i fixed it.

The problem came from a launcher app actually launcher pro beta (ITs the best) I got my phone to stop the loop by leaving it off and charging for about 10 mins (I know it seems that it would work sooner but it wont wait ten minutes with the phone off and charging)

next unplug the charger. give it about 10 secs then power up the phone. after it loads and starts delete the launcher app(also known as market home apps) whichever one you installed abd the problem will be gone. The launcher or home type apps that give us more homes screens etc they r the problem
If we give it a week or 2 they may fix the issue but thats what the problem is
UIDS
Hope this works for you there are no bricks

It would be better and probably more helpful to others if this were its own thread as opposed to a responce to a 7 month old question.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones