• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Note 2 blackout

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Hi there,
I just need to ask about Samsung Note 2. Mine was suddenly switch off last 2 days and nothing that I do can recover it. In the beginning i thought it was the battery but when i try to charge the phone.. nothing happen. What will I do?

Hi and welcome to the AndroidForums

Hopefully, the problem is that you have some poor battery connections. Try removing the battery, check the connections and replace it. Try someone elses battery if you can.

Also, check that the USB port is clean, dirt there can stop charging. Try a different USB lead and charger if you can.

If none of the above helps, your phone may be suffering from SDS (sudden death syndrome - its caused by a faulty chip on the motherboard) which is perculiar to Note2s and S3s I believe. See here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2093599 I think Samsung will repair it under warranty if that is the problem so I would get in touch with Samsung if the battery charging fixes above dont work.

Regards

Roger

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones