• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Note 3 Encrypted while Rooted, Can't Access Recovery or Use Phone Now

Worldlasher

Lurker
Sep 13, 2016
Hello, so as you can see by the title, I have a Samsung Note 3 (Sprint) that I rooted, so just an hour ago, I decided that I should encrypt it, guess what, I clicked encrypt, the device turned off except for a blue light turning on. I searched up and then realized that you can not encrypt your device while it is rooted. So I hold the power button down, and force turn it off, what happens now is that it says that "Encryption Failed" blah blah blah, and at the bottom it says "Reset Device". I thought I found my ticket out of this mess until I realized it doesn't do anything when I touch it, so then I turn the whole device off, and try to boot into recovery mode, which doesn't do anything, it just goes back to the same "Encryption Failed" screen.
Please help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones