1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Note 5 extremely laggy?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bouts, May 28, 2017.

1. bouts

bouts Lurker

Hello,
    My original Note 5 stopped charging so I had to file an insurance claim, I had the phone for over a year and it was flawless up until that point. So I get the new (refurbished) phone from Verizon and it is extremely laggy, the keyboard (SwiftKey), videos, the web, games, everything lags like nothing I have seen before, even on older phones. I have a Note 2 that is running games much smoother.

So I return it. They send a new one and it has the exact same problem. I'm so confused because my original Note 5 never lagged like this, I've tried clearing the system cache, factory reset, disabling bloatware all to no avail.

Has anyone experienced this/know of a solution? Do I just keep sending these phones back until I get one that doesn't have these issues? Any input would be appreciated.

EDIT: Jeez I joined here in January 2011, Android for life. ;p

#1 bouts, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Do you use any task killing apps, AV security apps of any kind, battery saving apps or anything else unnecessary?

mikedt and Jfalls63 like this.
  3. bouts

bouts Lurker

Nothing like that, I know better lol. The phone is completely fresh aside from Textra, SwiftKey and the game I mentioned. My old Note 5 had the same 3 apps installed and quite a few more.