1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Note - The PERFECT Phone??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jeffreyjames, Sep 1, 2011.

1. jeffreyjames

jeffreyjames Newbie

This looks amazing, blurring the lines between tablet and smartphone?? I'm very impressed, and I'm not one to mind having a big phone. Any thoughts? Release date speculation?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kenbdSi

kenbdSi Newbie

Looks very interesting. Hopefully Verizon will bring it carry this phone.

3. Lympero

Lympero Newbie

What's the point of showing off a phone with no specific release date? Apple presents a model and then u can grab it after 15 days or so. They didn't even gave s hint! Pathetic!

4. jeffreyjames

jeffreyjames Newbie

So true! It's like saying I'm getting you a present, but it could be next month, or next year. Excited?

5. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

I will be buying this phone or the Nexus Prime (if rumours are true). Either way, Super AMOLED HD is the way forward. Hoping it will be available soon.

6. dr01d3tte

dr01d3tte Android Enthusiast

Definitely on my hypothetical smartphone to watch list! Any word on whether or not it will have LTE?

7. dr01d3tte

dr01d3tte Android Enthusiast

8. jeffreyjames

jeffreyjames Newbie

9. Gil de Piento

Gil de Piento Newbie

This is what I'm talking about. Awesome. I was all set to listen to what apple had to say or get the Nexus Prime. No more. I'll be waiting on this beast.

10. Boondoc

Boondoc Well-Known Member

i can't wait. hopefully i'm going to import one when it releases in europe instead of waiting like i did for the gs2. from what i've seen it has a little bit of lag but it scored 3600 on quadrant so hopefully they can tighten it up before it actually releases.

Mohammad_Adib likes this.
  11. Boondoc

Boondoc Well-Known Member

FYI the G Note is the GT-I9220 that passed wifi certification a couple of days ago.

12. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert

Seems like 5.3" screen size is polarizing people. I think I will like it but would like to try it out to feel it. Other than screen size, this looks like dream phone (SAMOLED HD screen, 1.4Ghz Exynos, LTE, etc). I really hope it makes to US.

13. reiththestud

reiththestud Android Enthusiast

Now THAT is an upgrade from my EVO 4G. Unfortunately, there's just no way I would switch carriers for it. Sprint is the only game in town still offering unlimited data, and I would just ABUSE data on the Note. I REALLY hope Sprint gets this because I'd be a first day buyer no doubt. It would pair perfectly with a Galaxy Tab 7.7.

14. vasar

vasar Newbie

Would it fit into my jeans pocket? I'd get it if it would, if not I'll get GS2 and GT 7.7.

15. Mohammad_Adib

Mohammad_Adib Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the quadrant score i've been dying to know!! I'm stuck with an infuse that used to do <1000 but now goes to 2250+ after OC to 1.8ghz, I cant wait to get this beast and OC it to the sky, and then look at my 1 gazillion score on quadrant. Quadrant would be a joke for this phone lol you could make this be a full fledged PC running windows xp (maybe even 7) with almost all features...Powerful stuff man...wait till next month...sammy will release yet another who knows how many phones that are like this and then once you get this phone a 5.4inch 7 core 20mp camera device pops up and you regret your purchase LOL that was a jk, but thx Boondoc for th quadrant score where did u happen to see it?

16. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

It will fit in your pocket, but it will be noticable as in limit your movement a little.

I'm tempted by this phone, I really want something that's a cross between a tablet and a phone and this fits the bill perfectly.

I just want to see how Mali 400MP performance scales with the increased resolution, should tell us allot more about how capable this GPU is.

17. Spartoi

Spartoi Well-Known Member

3600 on Quadrant with a 1280x800 resolution is VERY impressive. As for the lag, Samsung said the drivers aren't fully optimized yet so don't fret it. The Galaxy S2 when it debuted also lagged with unoptimized drivers, but look at it now.

I hope Samsung adds some texture formats besides ETC. I don't mind using Chainfire for a workaround, but it doesn't allows work.

18. jeffreyjames

jeffreyjames Newbie

I read preorders in UK were announced today for $1k. Most likely will be adjusted at release, this is the preorder "estimate" so I think they are just making room in price for a guestimate.

19. Spartoi

Spartoi Well-Known Member

Importing items from the UK is cheaper than buying it in the UK if your importing from USA, so shave off about 100 Euros (which would make it around $863).

20. Relaxed

Relaxed Newbie

Oh I'm sooo feeling sad! It's on the market in Italy at only &#8364;50 more than the Galaxy S2 which I bought a couple of months ago. Anyway - what I am asking (and I don't think this is a silly request) - why not get an app which turns a Galaxy S into a notetaker? Can't be beyond the wit of android developers surely? And the stylus which comes with the note is a true biro sized thing - not one of these fat fingered 'capacitative screen devices' (?spelling, apologies). I'm already thinking of threatening my 'stylus' with a pencil sharpener...!
    I cannot imagine anything more wonderful than the Samsung Note - it is sooo me!

Price quoted is &#8364;645 on the radio adverts, so should be findable discounted a bit: just as a price point for information.

21. Relaxed

Relaxed Newbie

Seems my dreams have come true - needs a bit of tweaking and learning, but there are three or four drawing apps - so far the most promising is called draw: turns my S2 into a Note! I'm so pleased...

22. gaugerer

gaugerer Member

The fine-tip stylus makes this phone stand out from others for it can be used to accurately select small Web page items without the need to zoom in and out which you need to do when using fingers.

23. gaugerer

gaugerer Member

Here is a very good clip of the Note by a Slashgear guy who seems better than the average presenter and is able to highlight the advanced technical features very well. It really is an awesome tablet phone.

Samsung Galaxy Note hands-on - YouTube!

Sandroidfan likes this.
  24. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert

Thanks for nice hands-on video. Looks like gorgeous device with beautiful screen.
    I like that zooming in/out on calendar to move through day/week/month. Never seen other phones doing that.

25. EGSOMES

EGSOMES Lurker

Oh, this is really good...just what I've been waiting for! Of course, I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, as I'm afraid US carriers are going to miss the boat on this (pun intended). Hopefully, I'm wrong. But, they need to know that there is a market for such a device right here in North America.

So-Low Da Don likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews