• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Note - The PERFECT Phone??

Now THAT is an upgrade from my EVO 4G. Unfortunately, there's just no way I would switch carriers for it. Sprint is the only game in town still offering unlimited data, and I would just ABUSE data on the Note. I REALLY hope Sprint gets this because I'd be a first day buyer no doubt. It would pair perfectly with a Galaxy Tab 7.7.

Upvote 0
i can't wait. hopefully i'm going to import one when it releases in europe instead of waiting like i did for the gs2. from what i've seen it has a little bit of lag but it scored 3600 on quadrant so hopefully they can tighten it up before it actually releases.

Thank you so much for the quadrant score i've been dying to know!! I'm stuck with an infuse that used to do <1000 but now goes to 2250+ after OC to 1.8ghz, I cant wait to get this beast and OC it to the sky, and then look at my 1 gazillion score on quadrant. Quadrant would be a joke for this phone lol you could make this be a full fledged PC running windows xp (maybe even 7) with almost all features...Powerful stuff man...wait till next month...sammy will release yet another who knows how many phones that are like this and then once you get this phone a 5.4inch 7 core 20mp camera device pops up and you regret your purchase LOL that was a jk, but thx Boondoc for th quadrant score where did u happen to see it?

Upvote 0
It will fit in your pocket, but it will be noticable as in limit your movement a little.

I'm tempted by this phone, I really want something that's a cross between a tablet and a phone and this fits the bill perfectly.

I just want to see how Mali 400MP performance scales with the increased resolution, should tell us allot more about how capable this GPU is.

Upvote 0
3600 on Quadrant with a 1280x800 resolution is VERY impressive. As for the lag, Samsung said the drivers aren't fully optimized yet so don't fret it. The Galaxy S2 when it debuted also lagged with unoptimized drivers, but look at it now.

I hope Samsung adds some texture formats besides ETC. I don't mind using Chainfire for a workaround, but it doesn't allows work.

Upvote 0
Oh I'm sooo feeling sad! It's on the market in Italy at only &#8364;50 more than the Galaxy S2 which I bought a couple of months ago. Anyway - what I am asking (and I don't think this is a silly request) - why not get an app which turns a Galaxy S into a notetaker? Can't be beyond the wit of android developers surely? And the stylus which comes with the note is a true biro sized thing - not one of these fat fingered 'capacitative screen devices' (?spelling, apologies). I'm already thinking of threatening my 'stylus' with a pencil sharpener...!
I cannot imagine anything more wonderful than the Samsung Note - it is sooo me!

Price quoted is &#8364;645 on the radio adverts, so should be findable discounted a bit: just as a price point for information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones