• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Note4 Lagging & Restarting

In the past week my Note4 has started lagging, freezing, & restarting.

Actions I have taken so far:

- Remove SD card, and have not put it back in the phone
- Taken the battery out numerous times (from 10 seconds up to an hour) & rebooted
- Factory Reset from Settings...I have done this 2-3 times
- Boot from Recovery Mode.& Delete Cache...I have done this 4-5 times
- Boot from Recovery Mode & Factory Reset...I have done this at least 6 times
- I have run a scan through Malwarebytes app several times with no issues showing
- I have run security scans through my carrier's virus app several times with no issues showing (Verizon)
- I have deleted temporary files through the My Verizon app

None of the above actions have resulted in a positive resolution. The phone still lags, freezes, & restarts on it's own. Every now & then it reboots to that "Downloading...do not Turn Off Target" screen & won't go away without a battery pull.

Any ideas on further action that keeps me away from the Verizon store?

Thanks, Jay

In the past week my Note4 has started lagging, freezing, & restarting.

Actions I have taken so far:

- Remove SD card, and have not put it back in the phone
- Taken the battery out numerous times (from 10 seconds up to an hour) & rebooted
- Factory Reset from Settings...I have done this 2-3 times
- Boot from Recovery Mode.& Delete Cache...I have done this 4-5 times
- Boot from Recovery Mode & Factory Reset...I have done this at least 6 times
- I have run a scan through Malwarebytes app several times with no issues showing
- I have run security scans through my carrier's virus app several times with no issues showing (Verizon)
- I have deleted temporary files through the My Verizon app

None of the above actions have resulted in a positive resolution. The phone still lags, freezes, & restarts on it's own. Every now & then it reboots to that "Downloading...do not Turn Off Target" screen & won't go away without a battery pull.

Any ideas on further action that keeps me away from the Verizon store?

Thanks, Jay
Firmware flash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones