• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung notification 'Google Drive' share request from

A

Android Question

I was swiping through my notifications on my lockscreen (Android 6.0.1; Samsung s6e) and a 'Google Drive' notification had popped up. It was VERY sketchy from something like 'nCdcweEd@asdEdc.com' with a very obvious "Dear Sir, We are a Chinese company selling [...]". So my immediate reaction is to close it; however, holding down the specific notification, seems as though I pressed it and it immediately pops up to a .jpg of some sort of mechanical equipment.

So to leave the image I press my back button. But now I'm back in my homescreen: no email evidence in my gmail accts, checked all my 'recent' docs on google drive – nothing... Also check my phone's recent downloads and nothing, but I'm just very weirded out.

I went and changed all my gmail passwords.. is there any way to trace what's going on? Has anyone experienced similar?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones