• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung Owner's Hub

IMEI number is assigned to the phone during manufacture and it's how carriers track your phone. Apparently Samsung uses it for some purposes also. Tinkering around with flashing/modifications after rooting can occasionally result in scrambled EFS partition which contains the IMEI. But if you bought the phone new and you're still getting your original phone service from your original carrier and it's working fine, then I really doubt that your IMEI has been changed.

If phone is reported stolen, the IMEI gets put on a blacklist. Anyone who buys a stolen phone may have trouble getting service.

I would push the button to contact customer support for more info. Big companies have been known to screw up on occasion ;-)

Reactions: husam faiz
Upvote 0
1-how well do you know the person you night it from
2-are you getting phone/data service ok at present?
If answer to 1 was "not very well" and answer to 2 was "yes", some people might be inclined to not Rock the boat. However on public forum, advice to do that might be construed as unethical.

Upvote 0
Yeh.. I bought it from somebody brand new hasn't been opened before
Can i contact the manufacturer anyway?? Or they'll make problems for me

Were they a licensed dealer? If so, send it in to be repaired. If not, you quite possibly got ripped off and may be stuck with a stolen phone.

Reactions: husam faiz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones