1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

samsung Owner's Hub

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by husam faiz, Jan 5, 2014.

1. husam faiz

husam faiz Newbie

Every time i try to login to samsung's owner's hub, a message pops up saying:
    " your IMEI is invalid".
    Why? And how do i solve the problem?
    ( i'll attach a screenshot in a comment )
    Thanks,

2. husam faiz

husam faiz Newbie

This is the screenshot

Attached Files:

3. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

IMEI number is assigned to the phone during manufacture and it's how carriers track your phone. Apparently Samsung uses it for some purposes also. Tinkering around with flashing/modifications after rooting can occasionally result in scrambled EFS partition which contains the IMEI. But if you bought the phone new and you're still getting your original phone service from your original carrier and it's working fine, then I really doubt that your IMEI has been changed.

If phone is reported stolen, the IMEI gets put on a blacklist. Anyone who buys a stolen phone may have trouble getting service.

I would push the button to contact customer support for more info. Big companies have been known to screw up on occasion ;-)

husam faiz likes this.
  4. husam faiz

husam faiz Newbie

I have never rooted my phone.. And all other services for samsung is working fine with me except this one :(

5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

If you bought it brand new the only way to fix it is to send it in to the manufacturer so that they can reset your IMEI.

If you purchased the phone used, more than likely it's been either reported stolen or the previous owner did not pay their bill.

husam faiz likes this.
  6. husam faiz

husam faiz Newbie

Yeh.. I bought it from somebody brand new hasn't been opened before
    Can i contact the manufacturer anyway?? Or they'll make problems for me

7. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

1-how well do you know the person you night it from
    2-are you getting phone/data service ok at present?
    If answer to 1 was "not very well" and answer to 2 was "yes", some people might be inclined to not Rock the boat. However on public forum, advice to do that might be construed as unethical.

8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Were they a licensed dealer? If so, send it in to be repaired. If not, you quite possibly got ripped off and may be stuck with a stolen phone.

husam faiz likes this.
  9. husam faiz

husam faiz Newbie

I didn't think of it that much bad!!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews