1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Samsung pay issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sarah55, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Sarah55

Sarah55 Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2016
    Female
    I've tried to use the Samsung pay a couple of times (at different vendors) and it doesn't work. I've used it at vendors where they've said people have done it and it worked fine. Anyone else have issues?

S7 Edge, AT&T carrier

Advertisement

2. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Upstate NY & Florida
    Well, Have 2 Verizon s7's in the household, both with Samsung Pay installed. Both work just find (in regard to Samsung Pay) at the local grocery store, Starbucks, Walmart.

Perhaps you are not positioning properly in regard to the point of sale device you are dealing with. You do have the Samsung app displaying the card and then you are correctly activating the communication between the S7 and the point of sale, right?

3. rkkeller

rkkeller Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    The Dog Pound.
    Do you get to the screen where you can feel the phone pulse/vibrate some and show you where to place it?

I was doing it wrong myself and didn't realize I had to scan my fingerprint so it would activate and started sending the signal. I thought simply displaying the CC was enough.

4. Sarah55

Sarah55 Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2016
    Female
    I'm pretty sure I've done it correctly. Samsung support said I can bring it into Best Buy to get it looked at. :(

5. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Upstate NY & Florida
    Sarah55......... Do you get to the screen where you can feel the phone pulse/vibrate some and show you where to place it?

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.