1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Pay, WOW

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rich_NY, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Rich_NY

Rich_NY Well-Known Member

Just got my S7 Edge, love it, and registered my CC to Samsung pay to get free wireless charging pad. So I went into Modell's sporting goods today, and instead of swiping credit card, opened my card on the phone, waived phone over where I would normally swipe my card AND IT WORKED....AWESOME. The sales guy said "I've never seen that before, so cool". So now we can pay using our credit card of choice from our phones......SO SO COOL, you have to try it.

Free wireless charging pad deal good 2 more days...3/10. After registering your card from your phone, hit the "more" button, top right, the offer is under promotions. I'm sure they'll have another promotion soon coming up, they had headphones before the wireless charger.

amarie82, Adara and dontpanicbobby like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rkkeller

rkkeller Android Enthusiast

Got it.

Order Summary

Wireless Charging Pad, Black Sapphire for Samsung Pay Promotion
    EP-PG920ABUAT2

$0.00

$0.00

Subtotal: $0.00
    Shipping: $0.00

Tax: $0.00

Total: $0.00

3. kisby

kisby Well-Known Member

are you on Verizon? I head Verizon's GS7 is coming without samsung pay. (another thread on this page.)

4. Rich_NY

Sorry T-Mobile, that's how I have my S7 Edge

5. Rich_NY

Glad to help!!

6. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast

Am trying this because of your recommendation, but the damn thing won't install. I've downloaded it (probably twice) but it's still stuck on the "installing" screen (even after the downloading is done). Googling suggests this may be a problem at the Samsung end.

Ideas?

7. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast

Oh my. I'm hoping someone else here can maybe get a little more specific on what I need to disable?

Edited to add: Just for kicks, I tried Live Chat with Samsung. They wanted me to clear the cache and data on Samsung Pay (reasonable) and Reset App Preferences (not at all reasonable, considering I spent the better part of last night setting said preferences, and there's no guarantee that this would work).

#7 Adara, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  8. Todd Kageals

Todd Kageals Newbie

I tried downloading it on my S7 Edge from the link sent to me by Samsung. It says..your device is not compatible with version?

9. Frolin

Frolin Lurker

Have seen but not finding, where do we sign up for the free wireless charging pad ?

10. Rich_NY

Some reports are they ran out.

11. Sarah55

Sarah55 Lurker

I can verify, they are out.

12. jaysonp

jaysonp Lurker

Samsung Pay is amazing!!! Went to use it at the grocery store and the lady said, "Oh you can't use that. Apple Pay doesn't work here." I used my phone to pay and I said, "that's why I don't use Apple."

13. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast

I have yet to use my Samsung Pay. Went to the Tmobile store to order a second S7 (with the buy one get one free deal they are having). I tried to pay for the fees with Samsung Pay and they said their reader won't accept it. Come on Tmobile get in line!

Yes I still tried it anyway and no it didn't work.

14. Jinxii

Jinxii Newbie

Yep, Verizon specifically was having issues with it prior to the official launch date, the 11th. Should be able to download it in the play store without an issue now.

scotiez likes this.
  15. hi guys i have tried to search for samsung pay in the play store and it does not even come up, i do it through google by and it takes me to google play i press downloand and it say my phone is not compatible or or device is not able to use this feature or something like that??? i have just got the samsung galaxy s7 edge??? any help

16. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I don't believe Samsung Pay is available in the UK just yet:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/security/samsung-pay-uk-release-date-features-mwc-3600790/

17. thank you i thought it would be something like that

18. Sue78

Sue78 Lurker

Samsung Pay is giving away a $30 gift card when you make a purchase on Samsung Pay, using your S7-S7E...3/11/16 to 3/31/16. I got one yesterday and used that for a wireless charger :)

ymmie likes this.
  19. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast

I have returned to this thread to report that the damn thing installed/works now ... pretty much of its own accord. As I mentioned upthread, it kept freezing on the install thread. Samsung chat told me to clear cache (which I did) and reset app preferences (a global thing, which I didn't) and ... not surprisingly, this did not work.

But a couple days ago, I hit the Samsung Pay icon and it opened. Like magic. I installed a card. I used Samsung Pay (I giggled when it worked, as I do with all new tech). I got the free $30 gift card.

I mention all this because, honestly, I have no idea why it worked now, when it had failed to work before. But if anyone else was stuck on the install screen like I was, that problem seems to have cleared itself up.

As for the app itself, I can't see myself using it regularly as a substitute for a credit card, but loading it up with all the gift cards I tend to not have with me when I need them ... well, if that works, that'd rock.

KupKrazy likes this.
  20. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast

I have to admit that if I could, I would use Samsung Pay or Android Pay all the time. I really like not having to use my card and rather the dummy card number it uses. Even though I had already used Samsung Pay on my GS6 edge (and got a wireless charge pad out of it), I still got the $30 gift card as well when I used it for the first time on my GS7 edge. I just did it yesterday - bought a $7.50 bag of popcorn at a sports arena and immediately got a $30 gift card. Very happy about that. :)

21. jason359

jason359 Well-Known Member

Quick question about the gift cards: do you have to use them all at once or can you use them a little bit at a time?

22. KupKrazy

It keeps a running balance of what is left on the Gift Card - so it does not appear to require you to use it all at once. At least on the Best Buy gift card that I chose. I suspect it acts just like a regular gift card. They will scan the barcode that is shown on your phone and it'll deduct the amount spent if less than $30.

jason359 likes this.
  23. jason359

scan the barcode? doesn't it work with nfc?

24. KupKrazy

The Best Buy Gift Card that they gave me brings up a barcode for them to scan. Not sure about the other gift cards.

jason359 likes this.
  25. jason359

great thanks

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews