• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung phone blows up in guy's face

He also stated that the email with pictures did NOT go through, the Samsung rep has no idea if this is legitimate or not. The rep probably fields hundreds of these types of claims every week, I'm not surprised he hasn't returned his call yet. I wouldn't be so fast to say Samsung is giving the guy the run-a-round, now if a month had gone by already then maybe.

So basically I think the rep is waiting for the Email, that failed to go through, this guy didn't try to send it again evidently and is now waiting on the rep to call him... looks like a breakdown in communication to me, on the "guy's" side.

Also it is obvious it was this guy's fault what has happened, the power seat in the G35 crushed the internals in the battery releasing chemicals that should not be mixed. I don't think this is Samsungs fault at all. Had the story been different, say the phone did this at random, while he was talking on it, then yeah I would say Samsung should help him out/ claim responsibility.

Upvote 0
I love his inclusion of the G35, showing off while claiming he wasn't showing off. I'm surprised he didn't find a way to include mention of a hot wife or big house too. Pompous asshat! If he gets a new phone out of this, the will it blend guy deserves a new iPad too.

The claim is totally worthless UNLESS he had a hot cup of McDonalds coffee between his legs at the time.

Upvote 0
Me either. Zumaki has been a big Negative Nancy lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if he jumped the gun and thought Samsung was the devil even more after reading the article. Could be wrong though...

Nah I was noticing the negativity and thought this was a funny story since the guy clearly crushed his own phone. I was being sarcastic, posted it to break up the other posts I was being a 'negative Nancy' in.

Although I feel its harsh to call me that, considering all we've been put through with this phone and Sprint/Samsung. I guess there's no such thing as righteous anger to some of you :p

Upvote 0
Nah I was noticing the negativity and thought this was a funny story since the guy clearly crushed his own phone. I was being sarcastic, posted it to break up the other posts I was being a 'negative Nancy' in.

Although I feel its harsh to call me that, considering all we've been put through with this phone and Sprint/Samsung. I guess there's no such thing as righteous anger to some of you :p

So you agree you have been ants at a picnic then?

Ever since reading this story I have been border line paranoid about my phone in my pocket.... Today at work I made sure to carry furniture with the pressure on my other leg.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones