1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung phone. Fix or unfixable?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by krato69, Oct 22, 2019.

1. krato69

krato69 Lurker

Yes i have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-S920L and one day it just went freakin bonkers. Apps started crashing, rebooting itself over and over, then it would only boot into recovery mode and now it wont boot at ALL. No sign of charging when plugged in nor can i boot it in download mode. When plugged into a PC the pc chimes and in device manager it comes up as QUALCOMM HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3). This phones software has never been tampered with. My grandmother had it if that says something. No root. Is this phone fixable or not. If its something i can do like reflashing (which i tried to no results) or anything of that sort i can do it. A hardware which i'd like to know than of course no i can. Plz help or advice.

ShellFM18 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That sounds like something major has failed in the firmware, and it's completely bricked. The phone would need to be disassembled and it would have to be re-flashed using a factory JTAG rig, assuming it's not an actual hardware failure on the logic-board. Maybe fixable by a competent Samsung phone tech, provided he's got the kit to do it.

MrJavi, ocnbrze and MoodyBlues like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Yeah if you can't even get into download mode, there's no much you can do at this point. If you had download, then we can flash a firmware for the device.

MoodyBlues and MrJavi like this.
  4. krato69

krato69 Lurker

Been doing hours worth of internet research on how to revive this phone and you both pretty much confirm what i was not hoping for. Thank you for your replies. Off to a professional we go. 🍺

MrJavi, mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Good luck.... keep us posted.

MrJavi likes this.
  6. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Looking at the specs of that phone, you may as well get a new phone. The cost to fix isn't worth the specs. 8GB of internal memory is useless now.

MoodyBlues, ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.