1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung phone still bricked via FRP after factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aumars, Jul 15, 2017.

1. aumars

aumars Newbie

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace SM-J111F running the stock ROM in Android 5.1.1. I used this XDA-Developers guide to root it. It suddenly got bricked via FRP lock so I tried to unroot it using the stock boot binary.

Here is an Imgur album containing screenshots and images of the phone during the unrooting process.

Description of images:

1. The phone is set on Download/Odin mode.
    2. Odin is ran as administrator and is loaded with `boot-stock.tar` provided by the aforementioned XDA-Developers guide.
    3. The settings of Odin.
    4. This shows that the flash has failed.
    5. The custom binary is blocked by FRP and I have to restart the phone to flash again.

I tried downloading from www.samsung-firmware.com and www.sammobile.com but all downloads have failed. It stops midway and asks for a HTTPS certificate and the archive becomes corrupted between 20 to 70 percent.

I therefore decided to wipe the data using the stock Android system recovery. However, after rebooting it, the binary is still blocked via FRP lock. I've wiped the cache as well.

What caused this issue and how do I solve this?

meliamaliasaputri likes this.
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #10 by Jfalls63, Jul 15, 2017 (4 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

4. aumars

aumars Newbie

I can't download firmwares from SamMobile.com. I already made an account yet it still forces me to register when I click the "REGULAR DOWNLOAD".button.

5. Mikestony

VIP Member

Hmm, must be a glitch on their end.
    Well, if you want I can try to download it, and upload it to my cloud so you can download it.
    It will be slow for me, but I can try it.
    Which file do you need from there?

6. aumars

aumars Newbie

I need the latest version of SM-J111F with product code XME, specifically version number J111FXXU0AQD2 (the latest one). It would be nice if you could just send me the direct download link instead.

7. Mikestony

VIP Member

A direct download ? Hm, other than Sammobile, I don't know.

8. aumars

aumars Newbie

I wouldn't mind having someone else download the firmware for me. Please do, if you can. I haven't found any other websites that have the stock firmware for this specific device. I'm one step closer to visiting the store and another to buying another phone.

9. Mikestony

VIP Member

Sure. The download from sammobile is painfully slow, coupled with the sucky internet at work here, so I'll start it now and hopefully upload it within the hour (I leave here in an hour).
    If it doesn't finish by then, I'll have to do it later from home tonight, sorry.

If you can be patient, I'll do my best unless someone else has either a better idea, or a different download link :)

10. aumars

aumars Newbie

I've had this problem for a week. Waiting for a few hours, let alone just one hour is nothing. Thank you for your generosity! :D

Mikestony likes this.
  11. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Mikestony likes this.
  12. aumars

aumars Newbie

Mikestony and Jfalls63 like this.
  13. Mikestony

VIP Member

Well hopefully @Jfalls63 link works for ya as the download here is not going to be done in time before I leave.
    I'll check back later on :D

Good luck!!

Jfalls63 likes this.
  14. aumars

aumars Newbie

It's fixed! I've successfully unrooted the phone. Thank you for the download link @Jfalls63.

Mikestony and Jfalls63 like this.
  15. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Glad you got it sorted.

Mikestony likes this.
  16. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

17. aumars

aumars Newbie

This has nothing to do with the issue, nor do I need this as I'm setting up my phone.

18. Phalon4

My apologies FRP lock usually mean you can't log into your device so I thought this video would help

19. Phalon4

Also you're in the right place to get information on purchasing another device here in Android forums.

20. Phalon4

Please don't get upset when members of AF just trying to help you after you screwed up your device from rooting it.

soni Firdaus likes this.

Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace release date was October 2015. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Spreadtrum SC9830 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

October 2015
Release Date
Reviews