1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Postponed NYC Press Event

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jw nyc, May 16, 2011.

1. jw nyc

jw nyc Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Member110111

Member110111 Guest

womp womp womp. I think I'm done waiting on Samsung. Whether it be waiting for updates that never come or new phones.

3. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert

i'm okay with them postponing it. means they're prob a little overwhelmed meeting current supply/demand of the current model. which means i have even more time until they start pushing out the NFC enabled one to buy an original :D (this is all speculation)

mid June isn't coming fast enough for me!

4. jw nyc

jw nyc Member

Most likely has more to do with the US carriers than Samsung themselves.

5. mrvirginia

actually this makes sense now that i think about it. if they announced it now, it would totally cannibalize sales of current handsets. esp Verizon since they still have yet to drop a dual-core device or even confirm the date of one.

6. jw nyc

jw nyc Member

Not to mention they just released their own Inspire 4G for AT&T.

7. ISASoilder

ISASoilder Well-Known Member

Hopefully they decieded to pick new Names (function, within) reallY!!!!!!!!!

8. mrvirginia

very true

i think those names are so silly :p

9. crispy1

crispy1 Newbie

And more time to think about making one for T-Mobile. :D

10. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert

I guess that does make sense. Samsung schedules a press conference for a week from now and tips in the carriers that they're announcing the GS2 series for the US. AT&T and Verizon respond with a big "WTF Samsung!" what with the Droid Charge and Infuse both releasing in the past two days. I'm sure T-Mo and Sprint don't care, but they're not the big boys.

11. jinwons

jinwons Android Expert

Aaron at phonedog.com just did unboxing video on imported international SGSII running on AT&T. Again it's it's impressive fluid screen. Looks like he ran Quadrant while Samsung apps is still downloading apps in the background, and it scored 3044!

Samsung Galaxy S II Unboxing | PhoneDog

12. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast

cut 'em some slack. :p

As of may 9th, Samsung had 3 million pre-orders globally!! Let alone the burst in sales when it goes out to the shop windows and "in-stores" for the regular consumer. I reckon that they just want to be able to announce it and say "On sale in a week" instead of saying "wooo look at the GSII....oh now we're going to make you wait for a month or two..."

I'm just speculating the last bit but, the GSII definitely has racked up 3 million pre-orders globally.

Does that include US??

13. Cut 'em some slack? Hellz NOES!!!! ;)

I read that the 3 million could also just be units shipped and not really pre-orders by buyers. It's all speculation to me.

If they can release both the Droid Charge AND the Infuse with SuperAMOLED, what's keeping them? They should've anticipated demand and hurried the hellz up. I bet its that Exynos thingamajig.

14. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast

Then it's worth the wait. Have the phone now, have a year old Tegra 2 chip.
    wait a month or 2 - Have a new Exynos - Developed for the future devices.

I know what I'd pick.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews