1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Samsung presser 'Canceled' by Apple?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rwestiv, May 25, 2011.

1. Rwestiv

Rwestiv Member
    None

May 22, 2011
    West of the Mississippi
    As a (soon to be) former BB addict I've been anxiously awaiting the AT&T release date for the Galaxy S II, so I (and I assume many others) was disappointed to see Samsung cancel their May 24th NY event.

I was having a drink with a friend of mine last night who is an attorney (but she's really hot so it's ok) and she does quite a bit of work in patent law. She's not a techie at all and just uses whatever phone her firm gives her to use. She just got a new BB Torch (coming from an old Curve) and while I was showing her how to use some of it's new functions I mentioned the fact the I am frustrated with no release date on the GSII.

After talking with her about it a little bit she put the pieces together and she asked if the Samsung event was canceled because of Apple's lawsuit and the subsequent judicial ruling that forces Samsung to hand over, among other items, the GSII. Neither she nor I (obviously) have any inside knowledge of the case/situation, but it seems to be a plausible scenario.

The last minute cancellation of the presser seemed strange and if the GSII gets caught up in a legal battle here in the States I'm worried that it may be quite some time before it's offered by AT&T.

What does the collective 'Android Forum brain-trust' think? I'm hoping someone with impeccable sources will tell me I'm waaaaaay off and that the GSII will be released within 24 hours...a guy can hope, can't he?!

Advertisement