• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Prevail Link2SD problems.

incysor

Lurker
Jul 31, 2011
I've got my Prevail rooted, and am still running froyo 2.2 because I'm enough of a noob that I haven't dug enough to figure out how to flash a new rom yet. I have Link2SD installed and have been trying to partition my 32gb class 10 sd card, so that I can use most of my apps from the sd card since I'm running out of onboard memory quickly. I've got a suite of medical reference software that I need to have installed and running next week, but I can't seem to get L2SD to recognize the second partition. I'm using minitool partition wizard, and have the card partitioned with 29.28gb as primary FAT32. On the second partition I've tried ext2, 3, and 4, and get errors. When I make it FAT32, L2SD says "Mount script created, please restart your phone to mount the second partition of your SD card. If you're getting this message after restarting, it means that the second partition cannot be mounted automatically at boot. You cannot create link." However when I reboot the phone and go back to L2SD, it asks me again what my file system is. I select FAT32, and it then errors out with the following message, "Mount script cannot be created. mount:Invalid argument"
When I reattach the usb cable, and re-enable usb storage, and reload the disk info in minitools the second partition now comes up as unformatted.

Does anyone have any suggestions or questions that might help me figure out if I'm doing something wrong?
After trying each of the EXT file formats as well, I've been trying to figure this out for several hours now.
Any help would be VERY appreciated. I'm cross-posting this to Howard forums as well.

TIA.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones