1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Rugby Smartphone - cannot transfer music files via USB

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Dogs_rule, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Dogs_rule

Dogs_rule Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2016
    Female
    I am having trouble with my Samsung Rugby LTE. I have Windows 8.1 on my home computer. For some reason when I go to copy my music CDs onto the phone using a USB cable, Windows Media Player doesn't come up with my phone as a drive to burn/copy to. My home computer is not on Wifi, rather it's hardwired to the modem. I do have Wifi that I use with my laptop and my phone. I have transferred music files onto my phone before, but now I cannot seem to do that at all. I do believe I installed Kies on my phone and hard drive AFTER the last time I copied any music files to my phone. I am wondering if it's a Windows update problem, or whether I have inadvertently done something wrong (such as installing the Samsung Kies?) I've looked in a variety of forums and yet when I follow directions, the phone still does not appear as an optional drive in Windows Media Player. I have no problem at all transferring photos from my phone to my hard drive via USB. So I know the phone and hard drive computer can communicate via the USB cable.

Advertisement