• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung S Tranlator?

Malfo

Lurker
Feb 9, 2018
I have a Galaxy S4 through Straight Talk. I am told that the OS is not upgradeable. I have lost the ability to use several apps due to old OS version.
Recently the Samsung S Translator has stopped working. It opens will take one language, then report " unknown problem". I cannot translate anything in "message" either.
I am unable to locate "S Translator" anywhere. Does anyone know IF it is no longer operable with Android 4.2?
Thank you
McM

I have a Galaxy S4 through Straight Talk. I am told that the OS is not upgradeable. I have lost the ability to use several apps due to old OS version.
Recently the Samsung S Translator has stopped working. It opens will take one language, then report " unknown problem". I cannot translate anything in "message" either.
I am unable to locate "S Translator" anywhere. Does anyone know IF it is no longer operable with Android 4.2?
Thank you
McM

Could be that Samsung has now shut-down the online server support for that version of S Translator. S4 is quite an old device now. S Translator is a system app, so I don't think it will be in the Play Store or easily available elsewhere. Could try Google Translate which is what I use, but not sure if that's still supported on Android 4.2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones