1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support samsung s2 internet not working after update help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bwatt99, Feb 12, 2014.

1. bwatt99

bwatt99 Lurker
    None

Feb 12, 2014
    Im not sure if this the right place to post being international,here is my problem i purchased my s2 from uk few years back and never bothered updating until a few days back.
    I did this through wifi on my home network when i went on to about phone i just selected updates and it did it on its own.
    So really i have no say on what software it updated but then i noticed my battery went dead and so it did not complete right.
    So after charging battery i did it again and phone updated.
    Everything looks to be ok but i cant get on the net through my mobile provider or home network with wifi,i can get my email and check facebook through the app etc but its just getting on the net,it does come up and starts to load and they just cuts off goes black screen and cuts off.
    I then went on to samsung website and explained they said have you tried a reset,i said no but before i do that i need to back up.
    They said i can use there kies software to do this,i did and it does not even back up half of my stuff on phone.
    My problem is for me to do a reset i need to back up my stuff as have a lot of important stuff on my phone i need backed.
    So how can i back this up and then reset and see if this works.
    When i was on the samsung live chat they said if this did not work maybe need a software repair and could be done under warranty,well my phone is yrs old now but they said if it was caused by the software and needed repair then it would be free,but i then mentioned its from uk and i now live in australia they said i would need to sent it overseas for repair,i said your joking right all the way other side of world to get fixed get real.

I know i will not be doing that but i do need to get my internet back on again also when i switch on phone each time it says android updating samsumg said it should not do that.

My first job is to back up and im not sure how to as i have a lot of paid apps or apps i want to not lose,contacts,photos,vids just to name a few i wanna be sure i back it all up before i do any reset any help on all ths would be great.

Advertisement

2. marcus33

marcus33 Member
    None

Jan 6, 2014
    Male
    Electrician (again!)
    Harrow (England)
    If you can connect the phone to your PC using a USB lead, and your PC can see the phone as a media device, then the first thing I would do is drag-and-drop all your videos, photos, sound recordings etc. over to your PC.

{Settings > USB Settings and select 'Media Device (MTP)'}

At least then you know that all that stuff is safe.

After that you can worry about saving your contacts etc.; being a new SII owner I won't try and advise you on backing up the rest but I'm sure someone else here will be able to.

Good luck; hope you get it sorted.