1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung S2 Music Player Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by will.galaxy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. will.galaxy

will.galaxy Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    Hi All,

Nice forums :) I have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S2 (Love every second on it) and a 16gig Kingston Micro SD Card. I have all my music on the SD Card and when I play music through the stock music player it usually will play around 1-2 song before restarting the phone :( Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get it to work correctly?

Thanks ;)

P.S.
    Currently using Real Player for the mean time. I have only played music through headphones, not sure if the problem exists when using the speakers.

Advertisement

2. Geekyninja

Geekyninja Lurker
    None

Jul 1, 2011
    Gday, I have the same issue and was the reason I joined this forum. After some trolling on the web i found that the stock music player does this and it has something to do with jumping from 3g to H etc.. It then starts to scan media for whatever reason.

It happens whenever music is played, not just the headphones.

I downloaded winamp. Now I don't have a problem. Its a bug in the player and I am surprised there is not more on it. maybe its just a few of us that have the problem I got my phone new less than a month ago from optus.

I have not rooted it. :)

Hope this helps.

shadou likes this.
  3. _NiNJA_

_NiNJA_ Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    Have this exact same problem with the Samsung galaxy S2 music player. Phone resets within 1-3 songs and makes no difference if the music is on the phone storage or sd card.

Guess only fix to date is download a new music player.

4. will.galaxy

will.galaxy Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    Hi Ninja's,

Thanks for the replies. I contacted Samsung and they said the issue could be the phone itself. I was then adviced by Samsung to backup my files, contacts, music, videos and apps onto a PC (or Sim Card for contacts) and then do a factory reset.

Settings->Privacy ->Factory data reset

I have not tried this yet but I will let you know how it goes. Also if you return the phone within 30 days of purchasing they will automatically replace it (In Australia).

I hope we can solve this issue, its so annoying using a external media player.

Best of luck to all

5. shadou

shadou Lurker
    None

Oct 30, 2011
    Hey Geekyninja!!

i installed a new music player in my SGS2 and its working perfectly:) Thank you very much for your research and the info you found.

take care champ!!

6. abishekram

abishekram Lurker
    None

I face the same problem like music get hang within 30 seconds from start of play. For me it's like getting hanged when i use headset connected. Can anybody suggest to get rid of this hanging problem while playing music.

P.S I have also tried using MixZing music player and in that also i face the same problem.

7. kokotz

kokotz Lurker
    None

May 9, 2012
    i have something like you guys, but the difference is that is not restarting , it starts playing in frames( i mean it with pauses alot , just like if u have low fps in a game)