• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung S2 Music Player Issue

will.galaxy

Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
Hi All,

Nice forums :) I have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S2 (Love every second on it) and a 16gig Kingston Micro SD Card. I have all my music on the SD Card and when I play music through the stock music player it usually will play around 1-2 song before restarting the phone :( Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get it to work correctly?

Thanks ;)

P.S.
Currently using Real Player for the mean time. I have only played music through headphones, not sure if the problem exists when using the speakers.

Gday, I have the same issue and was the reason I joined this forum. After some trolling on the web i found that the stock music player does this and it has something to do with jumping from 3g to H etc.. It then starts to scan media for whatever reason.

It happens whenever music is played, not just the headphones.

I downloaded winamp. Now I don't have a problem. Its a bug in the player and I am surprised there is not more on it. maybe its just a few of us that have the problem I got my phone new less than a month ago from optus.

I have not rooted it. :)

Hope this helps.

Reactions: shadou
Upvote 0
Hi Ninja's,

Thanks for the replies. I contacted Samsung and they said the issue could be the phone itself. I was then adviced by Samsung to backup my files, contacts, music, videos and apps onto a PC (or Sim Card for contacts) and then do a factory reset.

Settings->Privacy ->Factory data reset

I have not tried this yet but I will let you know how it goes. Also if you return the phone within 30 days of purchasing they will automatically replace it (In Australia).

I hope we can solve this issue, its so annoying using a external media player.

Best of luck to all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones