• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung S3 com.android.phone CRASHING .. HELP

nsahmed

Lurker
Jul 16, 2012
Hi guys im new here .. so im not sure if i posted in the right section .. but i hope I did.

I really need help.

I have a samsung galaxy s3 (non 4g model)... just yesterday my phone updated itself .. went to the new firmware XXFLB
and now every time i get a call .. or make a call .. my phone app crashes with the error; Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.

I have already done a factory reset and that made it worse. Before it would sometimes work .. now it crashes every single time!

Not sure what to do .. i cant make or receive any calls .. my PHONE is not a PHONE anymore .. i can do everything except make calls .. HUH !!

can i go back to 4.03 ? coz everything was perfect then .. but im not sure how to go back .. i dont have a backup on the computer otherwise i would have restored

Any help would be much appreciated please .. im desperate

Thanks in advance

Hi I had the same problem, the fix for me was to stop syncing contacts with Facebook or any other 3 party app, I only sync my contacts with Gmail and Exhange servers. Once all the links with Facebook and some other 3 party app I had was gone from my contacts list all was well.

Hope it helps you, cause a phone without a phone is no phone :)

Upvote 0
My Firmware version is IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB. I have done the update no trouble there for me.
But i had to stop syncing contacts with everything else then google contacts I had to manual go in my contacts list and de-link everything so all my contacts was only on google account. No cross-linkling in any of my contacts, and no PhotoSynk from Facebook of any sort.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones