1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung S3 GPS not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gal007, Oct 2, 2014.

1. gal007

gal007 Lurker

Hi! I'm having a problem with my GPS. I recently purchased an -used- S3 and I'm wondering if it could have been without GPS or being "burned". This S3 But e thing is this phone came rooted and modified, maybe that has the reason. Some interesting parameters:

About device > Status:
    * My phone number: unknown
    * Device status: custom

I have downloaded GPS Status app from Google Play and the AGPS age and Fix/Stats doesnt get any value. And every time I open this app or any other which uses the GPS (like Endomondo, Google Maps or Runtastic) the gps symbol appears in the notification area for 2 seconds and then dissapears for other 2 seconds and appears again for 2 seconds, and so on.

Can you help me? I don't know what to do to fix it. There is any way to know if GPS hardware is present on my phone? Idk, some ADB utility or something?
    Thanks in advance! G.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bobb050

bobb050 Member

I know that when I put CM11 on my S3 I lost my GPS. I reflashed ATT firmware and all is good again. It is important for me to have the GPS working correctly.

My 2 cents worth...for free!
    Bob

3. mydian

mydian Android Expert

I recommend getting the phone back to 100% stock by flashing the latest firmware for your carrier with Odin. Then you'll know if it's a hardware problem or not.

Good luck! :)

4. gal007

gal007 Lurker

Thenks guys! Do you have any recommendation about getting the phone back to 100%? Because I don't have a "firmware-backup", I don't know how to know what is the right version of firmware I have to install or where to get it.

Thanks again!

5. mydian

mydian Android Expert

What is the model # of your S3 and what carrier is it on?

6. gal007

gal007 Lurker

It's a GT-I9300 and what do you mean by carrier? The service provider? If so, it's Personal of Argentina (Personal | cada persona es un mundo).

7. mydian

mydian Android Expert

I found firmware for Argentina but it doesn't mention your provider. Maybe someone else will chime in and could confirm if this is the exact ROM you need.

Firmwares | SamMobile | Page 3

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews