1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Samsung S3, ringtone and vibrate settings for multiple profiles

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spainey, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Spainey

Spainey New Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Hi There

I hope someone can help me. I have just got the Galaxy S3 after having a blackberry for many years.

I am trying to work out how (possibly if) I can set different ring profiles for different contacts or groups. Essentially, I want to put my phone on silent but still give important contacts the ability to call or vibrate through. This is really important to me as I am often on call from work through the nights, but if I didn't put my phone on silent I would be woken up by lots of unimportant messages and calls - I only want specified work contacts to ring or vibrate through to wake me up.

This was pretty easy to work out how to do on the blackberry, but I am not having much luck working out how on the s3. Please help!!

Advertisement

2. EpicMindWarp

EpicMindWarp Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    London, UK
    Spainey,

Believe me, I've tried. I miss that amazing Blackberry functionality too - but there simply isn't one! The main profile just overrides any custom individual settings! If phone is on silent - they're all on silent!

You can successfully set up group and contact ringtones in the phone book, but I have yet to come across anything that overrides the main profile as it does on BB!