1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung S3 Verizon no backup contacts to Google

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cuetipper, Nov 4, 2014.

1. cuetipper

cuetipper Lurker

I can not backup my contacts to gmail. The gmail account shows ok in the back up account, but when I open the gmail account to choose what items to backup [data- pic- etc] the option for contacts is not there.

I have uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled the gmail account several times but it does not populate with that option.

can any one help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Your contacts backup automatically. They are in the contacts app. All of them, even email contacts. Choose from the contacts app, choose the persons email address and it will open gmail to write and send. You don't backup contacts in the gmail app.

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

If you use a computer or laptop instead of your phone you can check that all your contacts are properly organized and such. I find it a lot easier to add/delete/edit my contact entries using a web browser on a regular sized screen. Just go to https://mail.google.com and log into your account.
    Your messages, contacts, and calendar are actually stored online inside Google's massive server farm, what you see on your phone in the Gmail app is more or less data automatically synced from your online account to your phone. So even in the event something like your phone gets damaged or lost you'll still be able to access your Gmail data.
    If you're really worried about your data, you can always back up your Google account info using Google's 'Takeout' feature. https://www.google.com/settings/takeout

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews