• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung S3 Water Damage

moogs97

Lurker
Jan 29, 2015
Tiny amount of water splashed onto phone while in a canvas bag. Realised immediately and removed phone, dried external surfaces, then switched it off, removed back casing and battery and dried all exposed surfaces. Turned back on to check for damage and found screen was flashing dim so turned it off immediately. About an hour later, I got home (phone was still off at this point) and put it in a sealed container with rice in sunlight. 24 hours later noticed some condensation on the lid of container, so I changed the rice and left it for a further 24 hours. I have now turned it on and believe the screen's blue light is not working. All touch functions, vibrate, sound, data connections and other functions work as normal, but the screen is very dim even on highest brightness and it appears as though contrast is highly increased.

Are there any fixes for this? I have heard of touch screens not responding in the same situation, so I feel like I limited the damage at least a little, but is the damage reversible at this stage (about 48 hours since water exposure)?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones