1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung s3 word list

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sjohnson1, Dec 29, 2012.

1. sjohnson1

sjohnson1 Lurker

Hi I have recemtly downloaded new updates on my samsung S3 and I now cannot seem to add words to m y word list as it has disappeared. Previously I pressed predictive text, then word list and then added it. Simple. Now I cant seem to see how to do it and my phone wont remember words. Its driving me nuts.

THanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

Welcome to the forums, sjohnson1! I have the Verizon Samsung S3. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

When typing on the Swype or the Samsung kb and the kb doesn't recognize a word, it gives me an option to add the word to the dictionary. Does your phone allow that? I don't see an option to manually add words in settings under Language and input so I'm assuming that is the only way to add words to your dictionary.

I'll move this to the S3 general sub forum so others can hopefully chime in.

Have a good one!

3. sjohnson1

sjohnson1 Lurker

thank you...i am using the 3x3 keyboard perhaps thatmakes a difference as it seems to work on the other keyboard but I dont like using that one

4. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

I never tried that kb option before but ut allows me to add new words on the 3X4 kb too. It should have the same word list as the standard Samsung kb.

That kb is so hard to use. :(

I can't spell anything on that, haha. I'm so bad on this kb. :eek: Anyways, here's a screenshot of what I see when you using that kb option.

Attached Files:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews