1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matthew Donny, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Matthew Donny

Matthew Donny Lurker

This is my first post so please be gentle :) - i have just been given a S3 for work (having prev had BB) - we are using microsoft exchange server - how can i stop the phone from deleting emails on my laptop - i have currently set the sync down to 1 day just in case i delete an important email - any help would be appreciated - Thanks Matthew

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Toosploos

Toosploos Well-Known Member

Inside your email program (dont know which one you use, so I'm gonna keep it broad) go to settings ->delete sync options. In this menu you can set how the program should behave while deleting emails.

3. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

Hello and welcome to AF!

Hope you enjoy your Galaxy S3! :party:

4. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Android Enthusiast

Why are you deleting emails on your phone that you don't want to actually be deleted? It's not like the phone is deleting emails on its own, is it? Email isn't being deleted from the exchange server as it's delivered to the phone, right? If it is you're configured in a mode that is really the wrong way to go.

Also if you're truly configured with Exchange Activesync (the best option), if you accidentally delete an email it ends up in the trash folder. I'm able to pull those emails from the trash back on my desktop if I need to.

5. Matthew Donny

Matthew Donny Lurker

Thanks for the help I am using Outlook so I will review the sync options (the reason I delete from the phone is that I can recieve upwards of 200 emails a day on very sensitive subjects which need to be kept secured, and my lap top is the secure device not the phone - hence in the BB world I read answer delete but never off the laptop (it is a complicated sys) - the people in the office are saying iPhone has the same process - I need to change my way of thinking) - but the phone can play Angry Birds which i am well pleased at :)

6. Rolo42

Rolo42 Android Enthusiast

Those e-mails aren't on your laptop; they are on the Exchange Server and your laptop is just viewing them, no differently than your phone.

For security, lock the phone and encrypt its contents (Settings|Security) like you do with your laptop.

7. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

Your employer gave you an S3 for work? I want to work where you do!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews