1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung S4 directory issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by siblackburn, Sep 27, 2014.

1. siblackburn

siblackburn Lurker

Hi all

I have an issue with my S4: it won't let me download or upload pictures from whatsapp (it says "sharing failed please try again later") and I cannot backup or email conversations

I also cant seem to download or upload using some other apps; for example dropbox or Camscanner.

I bought the phone second hand and the previous user had rooted it. In a desperate attempt to solve the problem I unrooted the phone today but I'm still having the same problems. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Phone details are below:

Thanks guys!

I9505
    Android version: 4.4.2

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see your having a few problems with your s4 . can I ask do you still have root on the device or not . may I also as do you want to have a stable stock ROM without no root.

3. roniaxe

roniaxe Lurker

I have the same problem sharing whatsapp from Google's auto backup photos album.. This problem and messages appeared only lately, maybe two days ago... Something to do with Google update I assume..
    I have unrooted nexus 4.

Thanks!

4. siblackburn

siblackburn Lurker

Hey Brainz, thanks for your reply! I no longer have the device rooted; I thought perhaps this could have been the cause of the problem, but unrooting it made no difference!

Your question on stock rom - not sure what you mean, sorry! As far as I'm aware there have been no changes to the rom, but the previous owner of the phone may have done something, how can I check?

5. BRAINZ2013

Well if you can get root and have the correct firmware you may can downgrade or put the correct firmware back on it I don't know which firmware you have but correcting the problems would be with a working stock . problems that you are having start with Google play store not updated . and the play store wont correct itself unless you have a correct date etc. so a problem for another problem keeps the device and apps from doing the update thing to correct itself the first thing would be put the proper firmware clear the cache etc and have a FRESH NEW PHONE out the box new feel working and updates as it was made to do . now if you need help with that before rooting post back I or someone will guide you to this

6. siblackburn

siblackburn Lurker

A point in the right direction would be very much appreciated! How do I know what firmware I should be changing to?

If it helps my current version is: I9505XXUFNB8

7. BRAINZ2013

8. siblackburn

siblackburn Lurker

Hey Brainz!

I'm based in London (UK) and my carrier is Virgin mobile

thanks for the continued support :)

9. BRAINZ2013

10. Dexter_prog

Dexter_prog Newbie

has anyone been able to fix this problem? I can't send any files.

11. siblackburn

siblackburn Lurker

Sorry for the mega delay in responding. I used the firmware in the link brainz provided above and it's solved the issue, I'm now happily downloading all those snapchats and whatsapp photos I've been missing out on!

Cheers Brainz :)

12. BRAINZ2013

Glad to see your device is working feel free to come and ask anything or if you need to be fixed again we all here to help each other .

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews