1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung S4 Please help me!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by jamie7718, Mar 23, 2016.

1. jamie7718

jamie7718 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    Male
    Ok guys im hoping someone can help me because im losing the will to live.....

It all started when I droped my S4 on the bathroom floor and cracked the display. So I bought a new display with the frame. Swaped everything over put all the case back on. phone wouldn't boot up.

Only thing it would do is flash the samsung logo when I put the battery in. Then I read about there being problems with the power button. and I noticed if the back cover was off the phone was fine booted up no problem. but soon as I put the cover back on the phone wont boot up.

So I thought ok maybe a faulty power button and thats being pressed in on a loop with the case, so I took the button off and im waiting for a replacement. SO with the button off I thought that was the end of my problems. NOPE phone is still locking the screen when I press down on the PCB. and if I put the case on the phone it will not boot.

HELPPPPP MEEEE

Thankyou Jamie

Advertisement

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    svim likes this.
  3. jamie7718

jamie7718 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    Male
    yep. looked at these steps nothing I havent missed. ive taken the phone apart 15 times trying to get it to work. ive packed up the screen and going to send it back. thats the only thing i can think it can be. thank for you help

4. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    Recently got a bad one for S3. Screen powered up but no touch functions. It happens.

5. jamie7718

jamie7718 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    Male
    thats the strange thing, the screen seems to work fine. but as soon as i press down on the board near the power button the screen goes off and if I hold it long enough the phone will shut off. But ive removed the power button lol. wish I hadnt of now because that wasn't the problem, now ive got to somehow get a new one on there.

I think the vibrator has stopped working also. its so fustrating im going away on friday and I need my phone. I see so many comments online about people replacing there screen and there phone not booting after but no one as an answer of it.

6. jamie7718

jamie7718 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    Male
    found out the problem, the insulator that keeps the MB off the display and a gap in it, so everytime I pressed on the MB the current would go through it to the display and short it out. sending display back for refund

Jfalls63 likes this.