1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung S4 Reboots Itself after Encryption

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by hatimj, Feb 10, 2016.

1. hatimj

hatimj Lurker

Hello everyone,

I tried to encrypt my Samsung Galaxy S4 yesterday, the phone was plugged in and the battery level was above 80% as it was instructed, i entered the encryption password and the phone shut down, it rebooted after a while and asked again for the encryption password (they asked in Italian), i entered the password and the green android appeared for 1 second and then disappeared, the phone is rebooting itself and asking me for the encryption password since then.

The encryption process should take approximately 1 hour, it has been 1 day and i cannot find a solution. Can anybody please help me solve this issue?

Note: When the phone asks for the encryption password (when is reboots itself), i can shut it down without having to enter the password by pressing and holding the lock button, that way it won't bother me by rebooting itself everytime i enter the correct encryption password.

That's all :)

Kind regards,
    Hatim

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

that is why I hate encryption.

they never allow you to see the passwords.... and on cellphones, it is almost impossible to enter a password manually w/o getting extra or wrong characters in the mix.

I totally screwed up a Credit Union bank account trying to use their Mobile App..... simply because the password stays hidden and I can't see what is being entered....
    this was late on a Friday evening, they are closed, and it is New Year's weekend.......... I was screwed!!!! my ATM debit card refused to work!

I got 3 notices via email, and 3 via SMS that my account had been hacked and they locked it out.

no thank you, no encryption for me.

now for your problem, keep guessing.....

I once got locked out of a Linux install simply because the password is "hidden" and I did not realize that the CAPS LOCK WAS ON.....

it took me a week to glomb onto that simple stupid fix. duh!

my biggest problem is I am a 120 wpm typist, and I do NOT look at the keyboard or the screen.....
    get my fingers over one row to the left/right and everything is garbage.